What I Did to Him for Hurting Me

A/N: I am sooooooooo sorry that this chapter is super short, but the next one is coming out soon!

Previously- “Be nice, everybody,” Luke parented.

“I’m afraid that’s not possible,” Josh finally spoke.

“And why not?”

“Because the gods have turned, and so have I.”

And I thought, Well, that’s ironic.

“Right. Explain,” Luke demanded, even though he seemed to have weighed in some sarcasm.

“Well, as Luke had said, there is a greater threat rising, one that you are not prepared to fight. The dead shall re-awake. Slowly, but surely, those who had died for evil in the last two major battles shall arise and be more powerful than ever. Sadly, the gods had started to figure out our plan and Hades issued an order for the lost heroes in Elysium to be brought back to life as well. But we took out the gods. There are still alive, lucky for you, but they are under our control. There is nothing you can do now,” Josh explained.

“And who might this greater threat be?” Percy asked.

“The one who was there from the beginning, the first of them all,” Josh answered.

“Why did you house Luke if you knew what was going on?” Percy needed to start figuring things out.

“It was essential, but do you really expect me to go into detail? I have been a part of this since I was seven, we have everything mapped out. Not even you, daughter of Wisdom, can defeat us.”

“I beg to differ. I have figured out your whole plan within these last five minutes. But don’t expect me to tell you what I’ve figured out. Since you were seven? That was when Percy first came to camp. That was when Luke first betrayed us. You’ve been tracking everything about us?!” Annabeth exclaimed. Boy, that girl was smart.

“Very well. I see you have improved your skills since last time we evaluated you. I know every detail there is to know about each and every one of you. I even know that Percy kissed Rachel but is keeping it away from Annabeth. Oops, spilt secret. I have blackmail on each of you and there is no denying it.”

“What do you know about me? Was what you said in the cabin after lunch today all just a show?” I was furious.

“No, that was for real. And yes, I did mean to offend Annabeth. I have been reporting on you for the past three years. I couldn’t help but develop feelings for you, so when you came to camp, I took my chance.” As he said his last few words, I ran as far away as I could without falling off the mountain or seriously injuring myself. Annabeth, Alysa, and Percy followed.

I could hear Luke screaming at Josh about how much of a jerk he is and how he’s making the biggest mistake of his life. I knew he was right, he had done the same thing, but Josh wouldn’t listen. Then, I couldn’t take it anymore.

Three seconds later, Josh, with a knife hanging out of his right shoulder, fell off the mountain and into the ocean.