Truth or Dare You to Kiss Me

A/N: Sorry this one was late, I've been to focused on a story by leigh_ called Friendship for Dummies, check it out. As you can tell by the title of this chapter, there will be romance. I hope you like it, it's my favorite chapter so far. 

The mess hall. What in Hades could I say about it? There were low tables and even lower couches that people laid on to eat. Wind nymphs served food, even junk food. Frank lead us to a table that was marked, “Reserved for Camp Half-Blood.” We sat down.

“Isn’t Italy the home of pasta? I want some,” Josh asked. I nodded.

“We’re in New Rome and you think of pasta for breakfast?” I asked. “I’m having a traditional Roman breakfast consisting of…”

“One more word,” Alysa interrupted, “and I’ll soak you,” she threatened. I was scared, I knew she wasn’t kidding and I was terrified of water. So I shut up. We ordered our food and ate until we could hardly stay awake.

“Guys, how about we just stay here and chill for the day, then we leave at night?” I offered.

“Sounds good,” Josh agreed.

“I’m fine with slacking off,” Alysa said.

We headed back to our cabin, which we noticed had a sign above the door that said, “Graeca operimentum.” It said something about Greeks, I just don’t understand Latin.

“Anyways, waddaya peoples wanna now do?” Alysa asked.

“Two things. First, do you have any idea how grammatically incorrect that sentence was?” I whined. “Second, how about we play ‘Truth or Dare’?”

“Sure,” Josh agreed.

“Fine,” Alysa said. “Josh goes first, though.”

“OK. Cristi, truth or dare?” he asked. My stomach turned upside down as soon as I heard my name.

“Truth,” I answered.

“Wimp,” commented Alysa.

“What’s the most embarrassing moment you can remember?” he asked me.

“Oh, great. To be fair, before camp, I had no life. One day about two weeks ago, there was a spider the size of a nickel on the floor, next to my bed. I yelped and almost peed in my pants.” Alysa laughed until she almost cried. Josh just tried to hide the fact that he was laughing uncontrollably. “Shut up, OK. It’s an Athena thing. My turn. Josh, truth or dare?”

“Truth,” he responded.

“List all the things you’ve ever stolen.”

“I’ve actually never stolen anything ,” he said.

“Oh come on! You’re a Hermes kid. I’ve stolen stuff and I’m not a child of the god of thieves,” Alysa teased.

“Seriously, never,” Josh yelled. I had to believe him, I just had to.

“Cristi, truth or dare?” Alysa asked.

“Hm, dare,” I replied.

“You have to play dumb blonde for the day,” she was certainly evil.

“NO! NO! NO!” I screamed.

“A dare’s a dare,” she said. I had to accept the challenge. I still had to get her back.

“My turn. Alysa, truth or dare?” Josh asked.

“Dare, duh,” she replied.

“I dare you to annoy Reyna. Don’t come back until you’re bruised, so we have proof,” he ordered. I liked his strategy. Alysa trudged out of the cabin and towards the principa. “She’s gone,” I heard Josh mutter under his breath. I ignored it.

“So, what now?” I asked.

“I just wanted to say, you and Annabeth are nothing alike,” he blurted out.

“What? We’re exactly the same.”

“No. Annabeth can be uptight at times. She can be full of herself, like the other Athenians. She’s clever enough to use only a dagger. She gets messy-hair-itis all the time.”

“So?”

“So, your easy going. You don’t have the same fatal flaw as the rest of your cabin. You could use a sword and a bow at the same time, but never dare pick up a knife. You’re original, unique, and always beautiful.” I blushed. I had no idea what to say, I usually just punched out any guy who flirted with me. Josh was different, I might actually have liked him.

We both sat next to each other awkwardly for a moment. Then, he leaned in. I understood and leaned in as well. Our lips touched and an odd, though pleasant sensation rushed through my body. He and I both moved closer together until we were practically hugging eachother.

We had been kissing for about ten seconds when we heard a door slam shut. With her clothes all ripped up, staring right at us, was Alysa.