Smart Percy

A/N- Yes, the title does imply that Percy is going to say something smart. My writing is going to get better and better, so the chapters are going to get longer. This one is extra-long. I am also eager to get this story finished so here's this early chapter!

Percy walked over to the cliff and looked down. “Should I go after him?” he asked, turning to Annabeth.

“No, he’ll be fine, trust me on that,” Luke reassured.

“Let’s get Cristi out of here, she’s not stable in any way,” Annabeth told them. It was true, I was terrified of what I had just done. The speed my heart was beating at nearly made me pass out, but I held on to dear consciousness.

“How can we get her back to camp in time? We shouldn’t go to Camp Jupiter, Saturn is waiting for us,” Luke said.

“And we have no other overland transportation,” Silena chimed in.

“Zeus is not likely to supply us with another aircraft. Even if he did, I do not think the children of Poseidon would appreciate being in the skies,” Zoë piped up.

Alysa and Percy stared at each other for two very long seconds and Percy said, “Well, that is all very true, but it’s not the only way to travel.”

“There’s also Dad, and the ocean. It’s much safer,” Alysa finished. The two both had “troublemaker’s smiles” on, it worried me what they could do.

“What are you getting at?” Silena asked.

“We are going to swim home,” Alysa stated.

“How?” Zoë asked.

“With our help,” Percy stated the obvious yet again.

“What?” Now even Annabeth was confused.

“Water teleportation,” Percy and Alysa said in unison. The rest gave them odd, confused looks.

“Ugh! We are going to go deep down into the water to about five hundred meters where the pressure will combine with our powers to create a molecular field in which we are permitted to travel through to get to any area of our choice. The Argo three seems to be the best current location, seeing as it is still in the Atlantic and has not yet landed on shore. Alysa will use navigation of the floor and skies to detect the ship and the perfect angles at which we should land and what amount of force needs to be used for the portal to open. I will contact Dad and ask him for a little more pressure and energy. I will also try to plead to Hades. The molecular structure of the earth and water should really add some force, we are traveling almost 3189.05 kilometers around the earth’s surface, so hold on to a stable body by the time we touch the water,” Percy actually said something smart.

“Um… Am I the only one who didn’t understand that?” Luke asked.

“I understood,” Annabeth and I said.

“We go down in deep water. Pressure plus super powers equals portal. We walk through portal and we are on Leo’s ship. I will do math to make everything perfect. Percy going to talk to Dad and pray to Hades that we live. That simple enough for you? Come on people, it’s simple water-powered rocket science here!” Alysa explained.

“Just one more question,” Luke started.

“Who’s Leo?” Luke, Silena, and Zoë said together.

“Right! Leo is… how do I explain Leo, Percy?” Annabeth asked.

“I’ll do it. Leo is the supreme commander of the Argo two, Repair Boy, Calypso’s boyfriend, fire user, son of Hephaestus, Hero of Olympus, slayer of Gaea, and my all time favorite demigod. No offence to any of you,” I presented my opinion.

“Um… OK, so are we all caught up now on who’s who?” Luke asked.

“Not really,” Alysa said.

“There’s also Piper, daughter of Aphrodite, charmspeaker, girlfriend of Jason, Hero of Olympus, daughter of Tristan McLean, the movie star,” I explained.

“Ok, anyone else we should know about?” Silena asked.

Alysa started, “Well, there’s also Hazel, daughter of Pluto, and Frank, son of Mars, and Jason, son of Jupiter, and Octavian, legacy of Apollo, and Reyna, daughter of Bellona, and Dakota-”

“They will learn later, we don’t have time now,” Annabeth cut her off. She and Luke grabbed onto Percy, I also gave him my backpack to hold. Silena, Zoë, and I grabbed onto Alysa. She and her brother jumped off the cliff and dived into the water. I made the mistake of looking down. I closed my eyes, sure I was going to die, flat as Chiron’s pancakes, once I hit the water. Surprisingly, we sunk in, and we didn’t even get wet. We were in an airtight life bubble underwater. Percy, Annabeth, Luke, and my backpack were in one as well. Being a daughter of Athena, I couldn’t help but take interest in how it worked. I began trying to get up from my laying position, but with failure. I looked over at Annabeth, who was laying down with Percy and Luke, so I came to the conclusion that she’d done this before.

We kept sinking. Deeper and deeper, it got darker and darker, but slowly. In just less then three minutes, we stopped moving. I looked at Alysa, then at Percy. They seemed physically calm, but I knew better. They were mentally exhausted, but kept on pushing their powers to their limits.

In just ten seconds from the time we had stopped falling, a sea-green and blue swirl grew from a small dot straight ahead of us. It grew and grew until it was the size of two Chirons standing one on the other’s back. Both bubbles glided into the circle, which turned out to be a tunnel. Only by then had I realized that I was terrified of water. I thought that being down there would make me hyperventilate, but that was not the case. The water actually calmed me. The tunnel was mainly ocean-blue, obviously, but decorated with sea-green swirls. It was fun and calming to look at the swirls changing all the time.

Before I knew it, we came across another big, blue and green circular thingy. We went through it and fell onto a deck right in front of Leo kissing a chestnut-haired girl in a toga.