Another Freaking Meeting - Another Freaking Prophecy

• Dedicated to Abby, a real life Katie Gardner

I awoke at dawn. It was about 120 degrees Fahrenheit outside, which made sense because Apollo had arrived. *Sarcastic ‘Yay.’* I got into the new orange Camp Half-Blood shirt and jeans sitting at the foot of my bead and then made my way to the big house. Outside was a bright yellow lamborghini that multiple girls, wearing black and silver clothes, came out of. I walked inside. Sitting around the ping-pong table were Annabeth, Percy, Mr. D, Chiron, the Jhonson dude from the other day, and a guy and a girl that I figured must have been Apollo and Thalia.

“Oh, good, you’ve awoken,” said Chiron. I took a seat between Annabeth and Thalia.

“Hey, I’m Thalia, second in hand to Lady Artemis.” She had short, choppy, black hair and deep blue eyes. She was wearing the exact same clothes as the other Hunters apart from a silver ring around her forehead.

“Hi, I’m Cristi, daughter of Athena,” I replied.

“You’re Cristi? You don’t look like a daughter of Athena, you look more like… oh my, Zoë.” Thalia was really surprised at how I looked. I didn’t think I had to look exactly like Annabeth, I mean, we have similar eyes, but that’s it.

“Who’s Zoë?” I asked. This was one demigod that I had never heard of before. Who did I blame for that? James, definately James.

“Zoë was the lead Huntress before me, she was a daughter of Atlas from Ancient Greece. She was very annoying and spoke the old version of English. She died fighting her father three and a half years ago. She sacrificed her life for Percy and I, which was the last thing I expected her to do,” Thalia said as she bowed her head, remembering her frienemy.

“Is it so wrong that I look like her?” I asked, completely confused.

Thalia avoided my question and turned to Chiron. “She’s the girl. One question though. Did Zoë try for rebirth?”

Chiron acted like he finally understood what Thalia was asking about, “Yes, yes she did. Cristi, you are the reborn Zoë Nightingale.” This came as a complete shock to me. How would you feel when you found out that you weren’t the person you thought you were, three times in a row? That’s how I felt. I had found out that I really am a demigod, and my mom is Athena, and I’m a 2000 year-old girl reborn. Craziest week ever.

“OK, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, what do I have to do to not get killed?” I asked.

“There is a line in the prophecy, ‘The Immortal Maiden shall claim her as her own.” It means that the girl of the prophecy must become a Hunter of Artemis,” Thalia explained. I was still partially confused.

“What? Who said that I even wanted to be a huntress?” I snapped. I don’t know why it bothered me so much, I mean, there are certain vows that a huntress has to take and it felt wrong to accept them at that certain time.

“Mom wanted you to be a huntress. That necklace is mine, but when I made up my mind that I loved Percy, Mom took it away, she said she would put it to a better use. I believe that this is the right thing for you to do. It wasn’t for me, it was for Zoë, like you,” Annabeth said. She seemed to be the most calm, including Jhonson, who I had no idea what he was doing. Then I remembered that he was Apollo’s kid, so he was here to see his dad.

“Hang on a second. As much as I wish for you to become a huntress, it’s not possible yet. A girl must complete some sort of quest to become a huntress. For Annabeth, if she had chosen this path, it would have been her journey to Camp. That wouldn’t qualify for you because you had no prophecy bringing you here, nor any monstrous attacks, and you had the help of a full-grown satyr. I’m sorry,” Thalia did some more explaining, which I was grateful for.

“OK, so when do I go on this quest?” I asked. Everyone seemed to think it was rhetorical, which it wasn’t meant to be.

“Well, talk to Rachel first, see if she’ll give you a prophecy now. If not, you’ll just have to wait until something happens,” Chiron said, trotting out of the Big House.

“Careful with my oracle, she’s still human, you know,” Apollo said on his way out.

“Rachel! Oracle of Delphi! I have a question for you!” I cried out, hoping for some sort of answer.

Rachel came down. “Yes?” she asked.

“I need a prophecy for a quest,” I said.

“It only works if you ask a question,” she informed.

‘Whatever’ I thought. “OK. What is my quest?” I asked.

Rachel’s voice changed again, deeper and deeper it went. Her eyes glowed red. She spoke, “You must go forth, to the land of your birth, you will find a battle, waiting to be won, you may not bring with you the one you trust a ton.”

Hi, fans, or at least readers,

Please tell me how my prophecies are. I made them myself. I hope you can figure them out on your own while the characters struggle. They are meant to be plain and simple. The characters seem to expect something complicated, so they overcomplicate everything. (Foreshadowing)