✦10. Confession

Ash Ketchum | First Person Point of View

"...but Ash..."

"I love you."

My heart skipped a beat.

I was lost for words at what she had just said.

Serena...loves me..?

In the midst of my shock and surprise, Serena mistook my expression for something negative.

Tears welled up in her eyes, and she clamped her hands into fists on her lap.

"I-I'm sorry if you don't feel the s-same way...but I had to let it out..."

A single tear rolled down her cheek.

"A-Ash...please promise me...Promise me that we can stay as friends!"

Tears began to flow like a waterfall down her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry!" she covered her face with the palms of her hands in grief.

I couldn't explain what I felt, but my heart ached. So much.

It physically hurt my heart to see her in this state.

"Serena..." I gently put my hand on her shoulder, and she turns to look at my face in question, with tears still running down her eyes.

I use my other hand to gently wipe off her tears, and I gathered up the courage to pull her face closer to mine.

Our lips collided for the first time since the day we separated at the airport.

But this time, the kiss lasted much longer.

She flinched and bent her head back, but quickly recovered and returned the kiss.

Both of us could feel our passion, and it alone revealed our tacit confessions of our feelings towards one other.

I pressed harder, and she did the same.

It wasn't long before I felt Serena's tongue attempt to enter my mouth, and I quickly obliged.

Both of us fought to share our emotions with one another, and I couldn't get enough of it.

Though the lack of air that each of us received from kissing for so long caused us to pull back from the prolonged kiss.

We gently rest our foreheads on each other, feeling our hot breaths on one another as we regain our breath.

I lean back to relax and take a deep breath of the cool evening air.

I quickly glance back at her to see the most beautiful sight I could ever imagine.

Serena's beautiful cerulean eyes were locked onto mine, accompanied by a deep crimson blush on her cheeks which were brought out even more from the glowing moonlight that emanated from above.