Chapter 9- Lunch

((Lapis' POV))

Me and Peri held hands all way to the cafeteria. I looked down at her once, just to see how she reacted, and her face was all red. Of course, at the sight of this, I blushed as well. Peri's tiny hands felt so...normal in mine. I guess her hands aren't really tiny, I have big hands, so to me they're tiny. But it felt so natural, like two puzzle pieces put together. I guess we were both blushing a lot, because I noticed people were staring. A lot. I carefully let go of Peridot's hand and placed my hand in my sweatshirt pocket. She looked up at me, looking a little disappointed. I used my eyes to show her all the people looking at us. She nodded her head and kept walking. I felt bad for having to be the one to let go, but I don't know her sexuality, and I don't want to embarrass her in front of new people. Everyone already knows I'm gay, but if they see me holding Peri's hand, they might think she is too. And I don't want people to assume things.

We walked up to the counter to get our lunch, and went to find a table. I found the table I usually sit at with my other friends, Amethyst, Pearl, Ruby, and Sapphire. I sat down next to Pearl, who was holding Amethyst's hand.
"Hey guys," Amethyst said.
"Hi," I said back. "Hey do you guys know Peridot?" I asked.
"I talked to her in the hallway earlier," Amethyst replied. Everyone else just shook their heads.
"Ok well guys, this is Peridot. And Peri, this is Sapphire, Ruby, Pearl, and Amethyst," I said pointing at each of the people. Peri started to blush at all the attention she was getting. I felt my own face heat up at the sight of this. I shook my head, as if to clear my thoughts of Peridot, which didn't work. I ate my food quietly, listening to all my friends chatting.

Then Peri asked me a question. "Wanna hang out after school today?"

Well of course I do, but I don't wanna make it too obvious. I don't wanna sound too clingy either.

"Uh yeah sure what time?" Good.

"I don't know, we were at the same bus stop so I figured we could just get off the bus and walk somewhere. If you want, of course, cause I don't care what we do...as long as we're together..." she whispered the last part. She thought I couldn't hear it bit I did!

What!?

I blushed so badly that even Pearl asked me if I was alright. I said yes to Pearl and turned back to Peridot.

"Yeah I don't care either. Maybe we could just hang out at the park or something?"

"That sounds nice," Peri said smiling. She looked like she was daydreaming.

"So it's a date then?" I asked, half joking.

"Yeah."

A/N sorry it took a while to write this chapter I've been kinda busy. Anyways here it is. I hope you like it >~<  so yeah thanks for reading and I'll update asap!
Xoxo~