Another Siren

Lucy

The next day, I told Levy and Mira about Anna turning me into a hybrid. Levy is doing research in her ancient books her grandma gave her to study.

"Hmm...sirens are basically like mermaids but with pretty long scaly tails. It states on Greek mythology that sirens are beautiful sea creatures that lured sailors in their doom with their beautiful voices. They can control their humming and without saying words, they can tell one or more people to do what they say. It's like a vampire compelling someone but humming. Wow, that's actually pretty incredible." Levy explained.

"This also surprises me. What if there's other sirens in the world?  What if Lucy isn't the first one?" Mira asks, looking at Levy and I.

"I...I don't know. Anna didn't say anything about other sirens existing." I said.

Suddenly, the bell rings and Mira gets up.

"Oh! That must be her!" She says, running toward the door.

"Who's at the door?" I ask Levy, and she shrugs.

"I have no idea. Quick, help me pack up my stuff." She says, and I nodded.

The door opens and I hear Mira's conversation.

"Hey! I'm so glad you can make it! Eileen, right?"

I widen my eyes and get out of the dining room. I look at the door and saw a red head with thick braids with a summer hat, a light orange dress, and sandals.

She was holding a purse...the latest fashion handbag.

"Oh my God...she has the latest Kate Spade handbag." Levy says, in total shock.

"Hello, Mira! I'm so glad to finally be here! How are you?"

"I'm...I'm doing great! Here, let me hold your handbag for you." Mira says, excited.

Uh...this is weird.

"Sure. Also, if you'd like, I can let you have it. Including all of my things in there. There's a lot of good stuff! You can have my makeup that's from Kylie, Anastasia, and Jeffery Star!" She says, and I blink.