Sunshine

Natsu

That's it. This is the end.

I just lost Erza...I can't possibly lose Lucy too. She barely woke up. She just came back.

"Natsu, Lucy will be alright." Gray says, comforting me.

"N-No, Gray! This is what nearly killed Mira. If it wasn't for the link between Lucy and Mira, she would have died from the poison Lisanna gave her. B-But the link is broken...and nothing can save Lucy now. Nothing." I said, wiping my tears.

"The worst case scenario is to...stay negative about things. No matter the circumstances, you have to stay positive. For Luna and Max." Gray comforts, screaming and explosions occurring outside of the house.

Our home was...crumbling apart. The roof was half crumbled down and the walls had huge holes in them.

This is the end.

"Dammit! Natsu, get up! Now!"

I jolt a little and stare at Gray with tears in my eyes.

"What?"

"We cannot give up now!! There are hundreds of people out there that need our help! Levy worked hard with Erza! We cannot let their strength and sacrifice go to waste! We have to fight as well! The Natsu Dragneel I know doesn't give up! Not in a fight! Are you in...or are you out?"

Gray extends a hand towards me and I stare at him, hesitating a bit. But, I accepted and grabbed onto his hand.

"Yeah! Let's fight, brother."

"Even if we die, we'll die trying. We died with a purpose." He says, and he smiles.

"Mhm. Now let's go and beat Zeref's ass."

***

Mira

"Lucy...I'm so sorry."

"M-Mira...you apologized like 20 times already. It's okay." Lucy says, her voice scratchy.

"N-No...this is my fault. I-I should have killed Lisanna before all of this had happened. I should have killed her before she poisoned me in the bathroom. Everything is my...f-fault." I say, sobbing and trembling.

"N-No, Mira. You did the best you can. None of this is your fault. Th-Thank you for everything."

I was with Lucy inside Natsu's home in which Levy and Cana built. Aquarius had drove away from Magnolia with Romeo because it was far too dangerous.

Lucy and Aquarius had already had their talk on the phone. It was...heartbreaking.

"M-Mira?"

"Yes, L-Lucy?"

"I am...so grateful to have met you. To have met all of you. Without you guys, I wouldn't be who I am today. So thank you. I love you all...so much. P-Please, don't forget about me."

Blood was trailing down her chin, tears flowing in her eyes

Blood was trailing down her chin, tears flowing in her eyes. I grit my teeth, crying and sobbing.

"I'll make sure to tell everyone that. And we won't forget you, Lucy. I-I love you so much."

"I love you, too...Mira. And please, tell the twins that I love them dearly."

"Y-Yes, I promise."

I grab onto Lucy's hand and squeeze it, trembling and watching her die right in front me.

"You deserve so much better, Lucy. I wonder...if things were to go differently if you hadn't met Natsu." I said, and Lucy chuckles.

"It would make a huge difference, I guess."

"Mhm, yeah. But if it wasn't for the encounter, you wouldn't have met all of us." I said, smiling sadly.

Suddenly, Lucy coughs out blood tremendously and I jolt. My heart races, more tears coming out of my eyes.

"M-Mira...my time is up."

"No!! You can't leave again, Lucy! You can't leave us all over again! I-It just isn't fair."

Suddenly, I felt a gust of wind tough at my skin and I look up to see Natsu.

"Natsu?"

I sit up and stand back, letting them have their moment.

"Lucy...hey."

"N-Natsu...? You're here."

"Mhm, yes I am, Sunshine."

His voice was shaky. It felt like he didn't want any of this to happen.

Lucy grabs onto Natsu's hand and squeezes it tightly, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Na-tsu...I am so s-sorry that I'm gonna leave you again. To leave everyone behind once more. I'm truly...guilty. P-Please forgive me."

"No, Luce. This isn't your fault. Don't put the blame on yourself, okay? Y-You deserve so much better than this. You deserve happiness and yet, you got..." Natsu breaks down into tears, burying his face onto Lucy's stomach.

More tears escape my eyes, covering my mouth in pure shock.

Our only sunshine will fade away today.

"I l-love you, Natsu. Please...don't forget me."

"I would never...ugh."

"Is...there anything else you want to tell me?"

"Actually, y-yeah. After you had woken up, I wanted to ask you an important question." Natsu says, and I gasped.

"W-What is it?"

"I know...that this is the worst timing. But, I just want to hear your answer to this one question. Lucy Heartfilia...will you do me the honor in becoming my wife?"

I touch my heart with my other hand, shutting my teeth in tears. He's been waiting for so long to ask Lucy this.

"Natsu...of course I would marry you!"

Natsu smiles and chuckles, leaning in for a kiss.

But...Lucy's body went immediately limp after he had kissed her. I widen my eyes, going towards Lucy and Natsu.

"Lucy!!"

"N-No way...she's gone, Mira. My sunshine is gone." Natsu says, and I hug him as he cries.

"Don't worry...I'll be here."

"Ugh...it isn't fair. Erza died...now Lucy? Who's next now?!"

Natsu breaks the hug and we both get up. We look at each other in anger and nodded

"Let's go and...kill Zeref's ass. Gray is already out in the battle field in Magnolia." Natsu says, and I nod.

"Let's go."

I look back at Lucy and smile. We'll come back for you.

This house is sealed from any type of magic. Nothing can get it to be destroyed. It has a barrier that prevents it from touching the house except to the ones welcomed in.

Natsu and I run off, leaving Lucy at her new home.

Goodbye, Lucy.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 31:

Juvia Would Never