Mother and Son

(This chapter is basically just info about Mavis and Larcade. But...that ending though!)

Mavis

After making it the ice cream shop, we decided to sit down and enjoy our treats. Larcade sat in front of me with a table in between.

Max and Luna were adding candy onto their ice cream at the bar, which gave us time to talk about the relationship the two of us have with each other.

"Uh, you said you knew my father?" Larcade asks, and I nodded.

"Indeed. I knew your father a long time ago. For about 590 years. We first met at a lake. I was out with a friend of mine. Her name was Zera. Zera and I went out fishing and I suddenly spotted a guy with black hair. Zera encouraged me to talk to him and so I did. I got up from the ground and walked toward your father. I greeted myself but he just brushed me away. Realizing that he was being rude, he apologized and introduced himself to me. We started to talk and exchanged numbers. But, later on, I realized that he wasn't human and that he was a vampire only seeking for my blood. I don't know if he actually loved me or not but...I know that I did. So yeah, that's basically half the story."

"Wow...that was unexpected."

"So, tell me your story. How does Zeref treat you?"

"My father...well, he treats me badly. He always says that he doesn't love me and that he despises me with every fiber of his being. I never actually got parental love from him and that made me really depressed. So, as I grew older, I thought of leaving Dad's empire. I began to read books and learning magic. I became intelligent and tricked the guards and my father. I ran away four years ago and my father hasn't came looking after me. Not even once. I was sort of testing him to see if he'd worry...apparently not."

"Oh, wow. Uh, has Zeref told you about your Mom? You said that he told you that she had died."

"My mother? Yeah, he did. He said she died when I was born. A picture of my mother was never to be seen anywhere in the empire. I always wonder how she was like."

"What if...I told you that your mother wasn't dead? What if I told you that she may be right in front of you right now?"

"What? No, that's impossible. My father told me specifically that she had died." Larcade says, and butterflies flap everywhere in my stomach.

"Larcade, I may be your mother. I...someone stole my son away from me during the night and I didn't know who it was until years later. I had realized that it was Zeref...I wanted to come and rescue my son, Larcade. I really did! But, when I got to the empire, the guards brutally kicked me out. I never gave up...not even the slightest. Until, your father showed up and told the guards to keep me captive. I was pissed and annoyed and I couldn't do anything at all! It was so...frustrating. But, years after, I had escaped without you. I couldn't find you anywhere...so I assumed that Zeref must have taken you somewhere. I left...feeling a pound of guilt in me. I–"

"Dammit!! I'm gonna kill him!!" Larcade shouted, startling me and everyone in the shop.

He gets up from the table and walks towards the door. I follow after him and grab his arm, halting him from going outside.

"Larcade! Wait! You don't know if we're related or not! We need to take a DNA test!"

"You look like me, Mavis!! You passed your genes to me! Green eyes and blonde hair! You're my mother, Mavis! And I will not forgive Zeref for mistreating you like that!! And for taking me away from my mother!!" He shouted.

"Larcade!! He's too strong! You can't fight him. Please, you must relax and calm down."

"Mom...I need revenge." He says, his voice softening.

"Mavis, are you alright!?" Luna asks.

"Has this man done something to you?" Max asks, concerned.

"No, don't worry you two. Uh, I would like for you two to meet my son, Larcade!" I introduced, changing the subject.

"This is your son, Mavis!? Oh wow!" They said in awe, their eyes lightening up like stars.

"Hi, you two! I actually have met your mother, Lucy, before. Maybe us three can go and have some fun one day. Sounds good?" Larcade asks, kneeling down to their level.

"Yeah!! You're the best, Larcade!"

"Well, kids. It's time to go now. You two go wait in the car." I said, and they nodded, running outside.

"Mom, please let me do this. What Zeref did is unforgivable."

"I know that. But a mother has to worry for their child. I don't want him to hurt you."

"I'm strong too, Mom. I will surely give him what he deserves. I promise." He says, and I give him a hug.

Sucks to be small. 

"Hahaha, you're so short, Mom."

"Shut it. We may have just met but...my other personality can unleash." I chuckled.

People were staring at us. They must have even alerted when Larcade yelled that he wanted to kill Zeref.

"Alright, time to go. People are staring." I said.

I let go of him and suddenly, I heard Max and Luna screaming.

"Aaghh!! MAVIS!! HELP!"

I widen my eyes and Larcade and I get out of the store to see Zeref holding onto Max and Luna's small hands.

"Father..."

"Zeref...LET GO OF THE KIDS, NOW!!" I yelled, angry.

"Hahaha!! These kids are coming with me. Oh, I wonder how Natsu would feel about this."

Wait a minute...didn't Gray and Natsu went to talk to Zeref? What is he doing here!!?

"What did you do to Natsu and Gray?"

"Oh, they are simply unconscious with a lot of blood running out from their bodies. They might die due to blood loss." He said, and I grit my teeth.

I can sense that Larcade is angry. His muscles tense up and veins pop out from his body.

"You're dead!!" Larcade shouted, charging towards Zeref.

"Larcade!!"

Zeref extends an arm out and I widen my eyes. An explosion erupts and I was sent flying backwards to a window.

"GAH!!"

"Mavis!!"

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 14:

Disaster Begins Now

**

THE FUCKING SPOILERS FOR THE LATEST CHAPTER—I'M DEAD!!!

God, take me now if he dies...I can't deal with this torture anymore. 🙏🏼