The Sickness

Natsu

"Natsu!! Help me!! Mira suddenly got poisoned by something!" Jenny shouted, and I widen my eyes.

"What!? How!?"

I run up the stairs and carry Mira bridal style. I run back down the stairs and lay her down on the couch.

"Mira...hey, how are you feeling? What happened?" I ask her, but her eyes were barely even open.

Blood was trailing down her lips and she just looked so tired and helpless.

"She's back...y-you gotta s-stop her." She said in a lowered tone.

"Who's back? Anna?"

"N-no...someone worse."

Suddenly, Gray gasps, realizing who she's talking about.

"No...no way!! We killed her!" He said in disbelief.

"What!? It's Lisanna!?"

"I-It was a...metal jagger. The small wooden stake that Gray shot her with...it didn't struck her heart." Mira says, having difficulties with breathing.

"Mira! Hang on! Please! I can't let you die!" Jenny says, calling someone.

"Who are you calling?" I ask her.

"Sheria! I need her to come and give a proper treatment to Mira and Mavis! They are both in bad condition." She says, putting the phone against her ear.

I grit my teeth. Why is she back!? What did she do to Mira!?

I concentrated on Sheria and Jenny's conversation and focused on their voices.

"Oh, hi Jenny! Glad you could call me-"

"Sheria! I'm going to need you to come home now! It's an emergency!"

"What!? How come!?"

"Please! I'll explain everything to you later! But all I gotta tell you is that it involves Mira along with her friend, Mavis."

"Okay! I'm going over there pronto! Don't worry, Jenny! And take care of Mira until I get there!"

"Got it! Come quick!"

She hangs up and I look at Mira, my heart racing in fear.

I don't want to lose her. I already have Lucy asleep, I don't need another one of my precious friends to die!

"N-Natsu...you do know...that if I die, Lucy would come back...right?"

"Yes! Of course I do! But I don't want to be selfish, Mira! I want you to live! Live for Lucy! She wouldn't want you to die in order for her to live! Please...stay strong." I said, tears slowly falling down my cheeks.

Mira caresses my cheek and wipes my tear with her thumb.

"I promise...I'm stay strong for her."

Suddenly, a loud blast erupted at the front door and I protectively block Mira and Mavis from any objects hitting them.

"Gah!!"

"Gray!" I shouted, eyes wide.

I look at his leg and it was stabbed with a sharp wooden stake. But it went deep into his leg that it would be really painful to take out.

"Fuck!!" He cursed, biting his hand to prevent himself from screaming.

He uses his free hand and grabs the stake, pulling it out slowly.