five

•eleven returns•

"Oh. My. God. Millie what just happened? Was that real? Oh my God!" Cece shouted while shaking Millie's shoulders vigorously.

"I-I don't know but this is the best day of my entire life, I'm gonna cry!" Millie yelled and began jumping up and down again.

"This is crazy, you have to email the Duffers," Cece told Millie.

"I will, I will, let's just enjoy the rest of the day," Millie replied.

"Of course," Cece said.

The two best friends linked arms and continued to walk through the comic con with huge smiles on their faces.

**********

Once Millie was home she posted the picture of her, Cece, and Finn on her Instagram and then took the Duffers' card out from her phone case where she had put it for safekeeping. She turned it over in her hands and sighed. This was really insane. Finally, Millie shook herself from her thoughts and opened her laptop to begin an email.

Matt and Ross Duffer -

Hi, my name is Millie Bobby Brown, I'm 13 years old, and I'm emailing you regarding the role of Eleven in season two of your Netflix show Stranger Things. I got your card from Finn Wolfhard at a meet and greet in Orlando today and he said that I should talk to you because I seemed like a good fit for the role. I hope that you will find this useful and best of luck with your search. Keep up the amazing work, I really do enjoy your show. Hope to get back to you soon.

Sincerely-

Millie Bobby Brown

After rereading the email at least ten times and sending screenshots to Cece, Millie took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and hit send. With a sigh of relief, Millie began to get ready for bed.

A few thousand miles away in Georgia, Matt and Ross Duffer received an email...

********

"Hey Ross, look at this email we just got from some girl in Florida," Matt called to his brother from the set of Stranger Things.

The brothers were tying up some loose ends on production for the day and Matt decided to check his email. After reading the short but polite email from an aspiring actress named Millie Bobby Brown, the Duffer brothers exchanged intrigued looks and reread the email.

"We should answer," Ross told his brother. "She seems trustworthy, Finn's met her, and if we don't find a new Eleven by the end of the month, Netflix is cancelling our show."

"You've got a point but I don't know," Matt replied.

"Just do it, what have we got to lose?" Ross said.

"Fine, I hope we're making the right choice here," Matt sighed.

Ms. Brown -

Thank you for reaching out to us, we really appreciate it. If you are interested in auditioning for the role of Eleven, please provide us with your agent and resumé, as well as Skype information as that is where the audition will take place. We are eager to hear back from you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Sincerely -

Matt and Ross Duffer

"Okay that looks good, send it!" Ross said.

"Here goes nothing," Matt replied as he pressed send.

*********
Ding!

Millie jumped out of bed and ran to her laptop as soon as she heard the email notification the next morning. Her face fell when she saw it was just spam from social media.