03: room 507

Letting myself out of the bustling Emergency Room, I headed to the cafeteria. My stomach growled for having missed my lunch three times in a row this week. I could feel my gastric juices stinging my insides so bad I might develop stomach ulcers if I keep this up. With a food tray in my hands, I sat myself down on an empty table and started with the first meal I'm having for the day. I was quietly eating my sandwich ㅡ I didn't feel like eating heavy because I might throw up if I suddenly binge on food ㅡ my eyes were fixed on a certain white coat worn by a girl with long, caramel brown hair that had subtle curls at the ends. She was waiting for her turn to be served, her white coat accentuating her curvy waist, making me stare at her back side more until my gaze dropped lower on her undeniably nice ass.

I gulped the chunk of unchewed food harshly down my throat when I realized whose ass it was I was staring at. She noticed me right away, sitting by myself, and she sent me a smile as she was walking towards my direction with her own food tray.

"I was wondering where you were all day. Why are you eating alone, Hoseokie?" Nanhee took the seat beside me. Yep, not across me but beside me in which her skin was almost touching mine.

"Namjoon and Jimin are doing their rounds when I asked them." I replied, about to finish my sandwich when I saw an unsightly abrasion on her forearm. I unknowingly reached for her arm, pushing the sleeves of her coat up to examine the damage on her skin, "What happened to this?"

"Oh, that. One of my patients had a white coat syndrome. He panicked and pushed me when he saw me. Clumsy me, I lost my balance and scraped my arm on something sharp when I fell down." Nanhee said nonchalantly as she withdrew her arm from my hand. "It's nothing. I disinfected it already."

"That's not enough. Did you get yourself anti tetanus shots?" I worried, dropping my half finished sandwich back on my plate.

"Hoseok, it's nothing. I'll be fine." She laughed me off, "Don't worry. Next time I'll call you for help." She said as she reached her fingers out to wipe the crumbs of bread from the corners of my lips, causing my heart to flutter uncontrollably. "You always worry so much."

"You need to get shots. I'm just saying this to be safe. You didn't know what kind of object you got this from. It might be contaminated or worst, a used needle or something." I scolded her and being the bookworm that I am. I began to ramble about the means of getting infected with HIV and other blood borne diseases. "You're always so careless. You need to have presence of mind all the time when you're on duty."

Nanhee brought her fingers against my lips to stop me from speaking, "Fine. I'll get the shots. In one condition." She smiled at me. "You do it on me."

We went back together in the On Call room after our late lunch. We were the only ones inside at the moment, the others were still out and about, doing wound dressings and checking up on their patients.

I had the shots I got from the pharmacy on my hands as Nanhee took her coat off and hung it on one of the chairs. I gulped hard when she began to unbutton the upper part of her clothes since she was wearing a long sleeved shirt at the time and she knew, being a doctor herself, that I need to inject the shots on her deltoid muscle which meant she needs to expose her shoulders.

"Hey, don't look so awkward. You're making me feel self conscious." Nanhee glanced at my face, seeing that I was avoiding looking at her as much as possible. "You're a doctor. You've seen this plenty of times."

"It's only awkward because I know you." I answered, taking my place beside her, on the couch.

"You made an oath to treat anyone who needs your help, remember?" She smiled again as she completely pulled her clothes down to reveal her bare shoulders and the upper part of her arms. She had a maroon bra on with slim straps.