Chapter One

"You need to go to school."

"I don't want to, do you remember what happened yesterday, mom? I almost got myself locked up in a hospital, I can't control myself at all!"

"Well, you are going to school and other public places to learn to control yourself."

I shake my head. "You're being ridiculous!"

"Stop getting so angry, please." She says, trying to calm me down.

"I can't! You're being ridiculous, I swear to god I might kill someone!"

I look at my mom, and see her backed against a wall. "You do realize I won't hurt you, I didn't mean it that way..."

"You have me against the wall, Alex!"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't realize I was doing that!" I let her go, then walk quickly over to her. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am fine, just please don't be sad."

"I'm not sad." I insist.

"Your eyes, dear," she reminds me.

I walk to the bathroom and look in the mirror. My eyes are a very dark blue, and very glossy. They look beautiful, but I need to put my color contacts in before school. I have to wear contacts to hide my changing eye color. My iris is brown normally, but changes to red when I am mad (black if I am extremely mad, if I get mad enough my eye basically eats the contact so the black shows), blue when I am sad, grey when bored, green when tired, and purple if I am embarrassed. There might be more that I haven't discovered yet. If I were to tell someone, they'd think it's amazing or really cool, but it's annoying and troublesome. If the doctors found out about it, I'd be taken in to observation, and then they could possibly find out about my telekinesis and I could be locked up for life.

I grab my contacts and put them in, then pick my bag up (here's the catch, without any hands) and sit in the car. I've learned that I could try learning to fly to school (yeah, yeah, sounds stupid and like it's something from a little kid book), but I don't exactly know how to levitate myself yet, and my mom would never let me; in case I got caught.

There's only a handful of people who know about my telekinesis; my dad and mom, my best friends Hanna and Max, and my little sister, Lily.

"Why are you so quiet today, Alex?" Hanna asks.

"I got mad this morning, and without even realizing it, I had my mom held up against a wall, with my ability might I add." I say, ashamed.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" She asks.

"Yes, she's fine. Hey, I want to practice after school today, want to join?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll drive," Hanna says. Lucky her, she's sixteen and has her license and a car. Max also has his license and a car.

The day goes by slowly, and if it weren't for me practicing self-control all the time, I would have exploded the school by now.

"Ready?" Hanna asks.

"Yeah, just I need to stop at my locker first, then we can go." I put away the books and binders that I don't need, then slam my locker shut. "Thank god it's Friday."

"I know, I've wanted to kill all the annoying people all week long!" Hanna agrees.

I laugh. "You have no idea what's been through my mind, it's been such a struggle to not kill everyone I see!"

She laughs as well, probably because she actually understands what I mean, compared to the other people around us who would think I was joking.

I have her drive us to the park, then decide to go somewhere a bit more private.