Notice

*Here's the beginning again but there is something a little different about (read carefully).*

School.

We never liked to think of our selves at the top of the "food-chain", but we sure arent at the bottom. We are never picked on, but we're not popular. It's complicated. Everything is complicated. No one wants to talk about the fact that i was missing for two months. No one cares.

Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desirae's P.O.V

I finally wake up to my lamp shining in my face. I look at the clock and see it's 5:30 am. I guess i can get up now. I sit up in bed and look around. I take a deep breath and realize the air smells different. Almost like... Bacon? I slip my feet from under the covers and sit on my bed for a few more seconds. My back hurts a little so i stretch and stand up. My feet immediatly get cold as they touch the ground, but luckily my slippers aren't too far away. I slip on my fluffy pink slippers, grab my phone and make my way down to the kitchen. I get to the kitchen and see my mom making bacon. She doesnt even turn around but says, "Good Morning, baby-girl! Did you sleep well?" I grab a peice of bacon and say "Yup." I take a bite of the bacon and go to the cabinet to grab a cup. "Do you need a ride to work?" I ask her as i shut the cabinet. She shakes her head no "My co-worker is coming to pick me up today". I nod my head even though she cant see me. I walk to the fridge and pour some orange juice in my cup. I close the fridge, finish the rest of my bacon and chug down my orange juice. "Im gonna go get ready for school mom" i say. She nods, takes a sip of her coffe and returns to looking at her tablet. We arent rich, but my friends think that because our house is a little bigger then some homes in Durham. Its a 3 story house with a finished basement, 2 bathrooms and a pretty big backyard. I run up the steps after i see its already 6 o'clock. I go through my customary routine everyday: pick a outfit, take a shower and leave to go get friends. I decided that i was going to wear camouflaged skinny jeans, a gray slouchy sweartshirt that says "Wifey", gray sneaker wedges with spikes and a black beanie that says "NO ONE CARES".

I get in the shower and wash. I condition my dyed red hair and get out the shower. I usually wear my hair in a afro because it's my natural style. I think thats why people like me so much. I dont have to be like all the other girls around and thats where my friends come in. I smile at the thought of our "little group" as the school calls it. Litterally, i mean the entire school. I guess you could say we're popular, but i dont like the word. It sounds snobby, annoying and stuck-up... like the popular kids! Im finally done moisturizing my hair when my phone starts playing Back To Black by Amy Winehouse. That means its already 6:30, so i hurry and slip on my jeans. I unlock my phone text my friend Alexis.

D- Hay gurl!

A- Hay wifey! Wat time are you coming? The rest of us are already at my house.

I smile when she said "wifey" and then smiled even bigger when she said "us". Our "little group" was full of best friends and relationships.

D- Im almost done gettin ready sooo i should be there in about 30 minutes xo

A- Ok! See ya later xo

I decided to turn on my "School Day" playlist while i finish getting ready. Poison by Beyonce starts playing and i smile. The first song that plays is the "song of the week" and i think its a great song for a Monday. I put on my shoes and my beanie. I walk to the bathroom and put some lip gloss on.

I turn off the light and grab my car keys and my phone. I shut my door and walk to my parents room. Every morning my Dad sits on the edge of the bed to get his thoughts together and to wake up. "See ya later, Dad!" I say and he says "Bye little!" I always smile at his nickname for me. He's been calling me that since i was 8 and i dont even know how it started.