Pinot Noir; jumin han x reader

You never really understood Jumin’s passion for wine. His nose barely grazed the edge of the glass; he took in the scent of the concoction. You furrowed your brows together as he slowly whirled the wine in the glass before taking a sip.

“Let me guess: Florence, Italy. Pinot Noir.”

Jumin held the glass up high as a round of applause echoed throughout the room, confirmation that he correctly answered the type of wine he was drinking. You observed him take another sip of the wine before he glanced over in your direction. Your eyes widened as Jumin’s gaze met yours, feigning the redness spreading across your cheeks. You hid your embarrassment by letting your bangs fall over your eyes, staring at the glass of Moscato in your hands.

You weren’t much a fan of wine. Moscato was the only type of wine you’d indulge in as you held a preference for fruity, mixed-alcoholic drinks. Despite your own preferences, you didn’t want to miss the event since you loved every moment you had with your husband, even while he was occupied.

Lately Jumin was busy. There was an evergrowing demand for his presence at socials as he sought out more business opportunities for C&R International. This meant that there was less time spent between you and him. Regardless, you fully supported him no matter what. Your longing for him during the lonely nights were occupied with get-togethers with your friends within the R.F.A. Needless to say, Elizabeth 3rd was happy to have a second owner at home, and you adored the little feline.

“Mrs. Han,” Jaehee approached you from the side. “Are you enjoying yourself?”

“A-Ah, Jaehee… Is it really necessary to call me that? You’re my friend,” you softly sighed, already predicting her answer.

“I’m currently working right now. There’s an image to be held, especially if Mr. Han is to gauge interest from other companies. But it seems he already is,” Jaehee gripped the clipboard as she saw Jumin nod at her, a signal to continue from where he left off. “I suppose that’s my queue. Good night, Mrs. Han.”

After Jaehee introduced herself to the others, Jumin used this opportunity to go over to you, taking the glass of Moscato from your hands and placing it on the nearby table. “We have somewhere else to be.”

“Oh?” You tried to look behind him over in Jaehee’s direction, wondering if it was really okay to leave.

“Don’t worry—she’ll handle this. She always does,” Jumin led you out of the conference room, bodyguards slowly trailing behind to allow for some privacy. 

You had a tight hold on his hand, a bit excited that he had something planned up his sleeves. You saw his lips curl up a bit.

“Tonight is a special night. My love, I hope you are ready.”

“Why? Are you talking me someplace special or is it a secret?”

He doesn’t answer, leading you outside as Driver Kim was ready. As soon as you settled in the luxury town car, your curiosity was getting the best of you.

Seconds were feeling like minutes. Minutes were feeling like hours.

“Jumin…”

“Hmm?” he looked over at you, witnessing your uneasiness as you fidgeted in your seat. He took your hand and brushed his lips against the back of it. “We’re almost there. It’s a short ride.”

You nodded, looking out at the city lights before you both arrived in front of an upscale restaurant. Your eyes lit up at the sight; it was where you had your first date with Jumin.

“We haven’t been here since ‘then’,” you made your way inside of the restaurant with him. Somehow you were always surprised whenever he manages to close off an entire restaurant just to the two of you.

After you sat down you were poured a glass of red wine. “Jumin, I thought we agreed…”

“Try it first before you say ‘no’,” he boldly said, wanting you to go forth in trying the wine.

You tried your best in remembering what Jumin taught you when it comes to drinking wine. You gently swished the glass before taking a sip.

It was light and fruity for a red wine. It had the appearance of a bold Pinot Noir, but tasted like a cross between rosé and Moscato. “It’s… delicious!” you exclaimed, earning a chuckle from your husband.

Jumin smiled, drinking from his own glass. “Of course, I had it made with you in mind.”

You could no longer hide the blush you were holding in all night.

“I originally had no intention of keeping this a secret, but after remembering your birthday is today I came up with an intricate plan,” Jumin reached over and placed his hand over yours. “I hope it was successful.”

“You surprised me all right! I thought you had forgotten. This is a very thoughtful present. Thank you!” you laughed as you laced your fingers with his. “So what is this wine called?”

“I was going to name it after you but I thought calling it ‘faux’ Pinot Noir would suffice,” Jumin bluntly stated.

“Oh, how original…” you teased. “How many bottles do we have at home?”

“Twenty cases, so two-hundred and forty bottles."

“Twenty cases worth of wine!? I shouldn’t even be surprised…”