Five Little Words [Sinbad x Reader]

A glance

...

A smile 

...

A touch

....

A kiss  

...

A night 

You sighed, you weren't different from all the other girls as greedy and envious. Desperate.
You looked over your King, a goofy smile on his face, surrounded by girls and the tip of his nose was turning redder than the second before. You poured another drink hoping that alcohol would take away the feeling slowly growing in your chest, you couldn't stand the sensation of your heart being squeezed every time he was smiling at a girl, touching her hair, her bare shoulders, whispering in her ears while she was giggling with rosy cheeks. Your hands tightened around your glass. You felt disgusted by your attitude, you hated yourself more and more at every stolen glances. You knew Sinbad well.

He was kind, generous, brave, funny, he didn't like paperwork but loved actions, he was strong, smart, good-looking, he had charisma, he was trustworthy but wary and manipulative at the same time but above all, Sinbad was a flirt. He loved woman and woman loved him. That's where you were different from the other girls. He loved woman but didn't love you. You were his comrade and his friend, you fought along side with him for a long time, that's probably why he never looked at you as he looked at the other girls, compared to them you weren't a love interest, you would only stay a mere friend.

After all, you were just you.  You gulped down your drink, it was frustrating. You looked one last time in his direction, and put your glass down : it was enough for tonight, you needed to cool down. You got up and smiled at Ja'far to signify that you were leaving he nodded and the other waved at you.

You walked down the hallway and headed toward your room. You slumped into your bed with an heavy sigh. You needed to move on, this one-side love made you suffer more than you think it would. You curled up in your sheets and fell asleep with a new goal in mind : giving up wouldn't be easy but you were strong. You were awoken by a loud knock on your door. You lazily got up and opened the door while rubbing your eyes.

- What is it ? You asked drowsily.
- Room serviceSomeone answered.

You blinked your eyes several times to make sure that you weren't dreaming.

- You're drunk Sinbad, go to bedYou said already closing the door.

He grabbed the door to prevent you from closing it.

- Is that the way you treat a friend ____ ? He asked
- Since, my friend is you. Yes, that how I treat you, especially if you're drunk. You replied.
- I'm not drunk, though. He seriously said, looking at you in the eyes.
- And I don't believe youyou retorted with a smile. I saw you gulping down a drink after another earlier.