Iruka x reader; commitment

{A pic of iruka umino}}

“Alright, break time class!” 

“Yay!” the children cheered.

I watched from outside the classroom how Iruka released the children to recess and how they were excited for a break from their studies.  The children exited the room in a haste and when they were completely gone, I entered the classroom.  Iruka was organizing some paperwork on his desk and didn’t notice that I was there until I placed a bento box on the corner of his desk.

“Hm,” he looked up and smiled.  “Oh (Y/N) what are you doing here?”

“I had the day off today so I just thought that I could bring you some lunch.  I know you’ve been getting busier lately and I wanted to make sure that you were also taking care of yourself.”

“Well, thank you.”

Iruka didn’t get up to give me a hug, tell me he loves me, or anything, but just went right back to grading paperwork.  I must’ve been standing there lost in thought because Iruka looked back up to me with a questioning look.

“Are you alright (Y/N)?”

“Oh, I’m sorry I spaced out for a moment.  Um…I’ll be leaving now.”

“Okay, I’ll see you at home then.”

I backed out of the classroom to the exit while feeling his calculating eyes watch me until I was out of sight.  I walked down the halls of the academy towards the front where I ran into Lady Tsunade along with Shizune.  Nodding my head I bowed in respect.

“Hello, Lady Hokage,” I greeted with a smile.

“Why hello (Y/N)?  How are you?” she grinned.

“I’m doing fine thank you for asking.”

“Are you here visiting Iruka?” Shizune asked.

“I just stopped by to bring him some lunch.  He’s been working a lot lately and I just want to make sure he’s taking good care of himself.”

“That’s so sweet,” Shizune said.

“Yeah, I don’t know why he hasn’t put a ring on you yet!” Tsunade exclaimed.

*Neither do I,* I thought to myself.

“Lady Tsunade!” Shizune exclaimed.

“What?  It’s true!”

“Don’t bother yourself with lowly issues, Iruka and I are completely happy with each other,” I smiled.

“Exactly, they are doing fine Lady Tsunade,” Shizune confirmed.