Continued

Hey everyone, I've been getting some comments lately asking for an update, which I know I have not done in about two years. Wow, time flies by. I unfortunately lost a good fifteen chapters of planned writing when the device I had it on broke. Fortunately though, if you would like to continue reading Sapphire and Bruce's story, I am putting out a second part called "A Lost Side," which would continue from where the lost writing ended. A quick catch up is that Sapphire does gain the trust of the Avengers and she is quickly integrated in to the battles and intelligence gathering against HYDRA. Her connection to Bruce grows and you'll have to continue reading from there! I'm hoping to include parts from Hawkeye and Black Widow's points-of-view in the second part, which will be a lot of fun to write. Thanks so much for sticking with me and I hope you enjoy the next part. Here's a sneak-peek!

A Lost Side

Part 1:

Bruce:

I always hated Tony's formal parties. They were better than his informal , crazier ones, but not by much. I always felt trapped in pleasantries and civility and most of the time, I didn't know half of the people who usually attended. They were all Hollywood stars, business moguls, or high-fashion models, none of which I was. Even when it was just the Avengers and a few friends, they never ended up as planned. Hell, the last one ended with a psychotic robot trying to "cleanse" the world.

I frowned as I tried to straighten my bow tie. Another thing I hated about the parties was dressing up. The suit, or on especially unlucky evenings, tuxedo, was always stuffy and itchy, and I always found that the shoes were always stiff and tight. I was just nervous being in the suit, thinking about the expenses I would rack up if I Hulked out in them. I always felt like I could never be myself behind this mask of high society and luxury. It just wasn't me. I missed the loud, overcrowded streets of India and even the muddy and muggy makeshift paths in the jungles at times like these.

I sighed and shook my head. Only a few hours, I promised Tony and Sapphire. That's all, I can do this.

I closed the door to my room softly behind me, trying to be quiet even though there was no need. Everyone had already headed up to the party by now and I could hear soft music playing. I stopped in front of the elevator doors, hesitating. I could still turn back now and go back to my room. I didn't have to press the button and deal with people tonight. If Tony asked, I could just say I fell asleep.

I pressed the button and the elevator opened in front of me, the ding ringing through the empty hall. I clenched my jaw and stepped into the elevator before it closed and started rising up the one level to the tower's party deck. The door slid open without a sound as it slowed to a stop and I swallowed thickly. Many colors clashed and swirled by and there was chattering over soft violin music that I knew would eventually change to something more of Tony's taste. Yeah, just a few hours.