Chapter 1

Another blow to my chest. I try not to shread a tear but it comes out like water works. He chuckles full of power. It spits on my head. I try wipe it off but every move I take I feel agony swelling up. Mum tries to help me but he knocks her out senselessly.

"Da-aad stop it!"I tell him "I told you not to ha-aave a job at the pub."

I heard a jingle of the keys. Dad hides behind the door.

"Lily save yourself run!"Mum shrieks. I glare at dad he rolls his eyes and finds a rope in his pocket.

"Huh ?"said Lily confused and walks in. I manage to stand up and pull her but she was doing half the work because she was running towards me. I pulled her so that dad couldn't do what I thought.

"What happened to you Lola? Why's mum on the floor!"She asked. But then she no longer can talk dad has put the rope around her neck. I swiftly pulled it forward away from her neck. My twins lovley white skin has turned into scarlet red.

That night Dad went back to the pub. We all decided to go to bed incase he comes home so drunk he might kill us.

The next the morning I went to school with bruises on my leg. I wanted to wear tights but every time I tried to put it on it hurt so much. So I went to school with Lily.Normally , she has her hair tied up so do I ,but today we both had our hair out and our fringe hanging down , covering our eyes. Everyone gawped at us. Me and Lily just ignored them and walked towards Emily , our best friend. We could always reliy on Emily.

So we told her what happened. All she said was 'Ooh and Aah' but we carried on. The bell rang. All the boys winked at us and thought we were so strong. I felt like knocking them out.

"Lola don't worry its going to be okay!"Lily told me . But it wasn't ,by the time we were out for lunch break everyone in yr 9-10 knew about it. There was only one name that came up in our heads. Emily.

Lily told me that she told everyone because when we were little we had short straight hair and at that time we didn't have a fringe.Our hair was naturally blonde , it still is. However Emily was jealous because all the teachers thought us twins were adorable and Emily felt left out. Emily and us were bestfriends since 3rd grade but I was starting to regret it.