Chapter Two: Don't trust a perfect person

Tyler's eyes slowly opened to darkness. He felt the weight of getting no sleep crush him as soon as he sat up. He rubbed his face and checked the time. Six thirty. Tyler decided that everyone else wouldn't be up for another fifteen or twenty minutes, so he decided to take a shower. He never realized how tired he was until he entered the bathroom and turned on the lights. His eyes were red and he looked fragile.

What time did I go to bed last night? Did I even sleep? Tyler thought about it as he undressed and turned on the shower.

School today. Excited? Everyone's gonna realize how big of a loser you are.

Tyler wiped his face as he quickly washed with his brothers vanilla soap. For some reason, he wanted to make an effort.

"I'm not a loser." He kept telling himself throughout the shower but never believed it.

Once he was out and dried off, Tyler grabbed a gray long sleeved shirt and jeans and put them on. He tried to brush out his hair as nicely as possible. By that time it was about seven thirty.

Tyler hadn't thought about those glowing brown eyes since last night. Suddenly they came back to him.

Who did they belong to? Why were they watching him? Did they hear him crying?

His thoughts got interrupted by Madison.

"Tyler." She came in and sat on his bed.

Tyler didn't even realize he was back in his room. He didn't even realize he was sitting on his bed, holding a hazel pillow. He quickly put it behind him.

"Are you nervous?" Madison asked him. She was playing with her ginger hair.

"I....are you?" He didn't feel like answering.

"Yes. I'm going to middle school this year!" She spat out. "People start dating this year. I need dating advice. Zack won't help."

Tyler was confused. Dating? He had never dated.

"Um..." He didn't know how to respond. "Just...uh....talk to whoever you want to date. Y'know, just talk to them and ask them questions. Compliment them. I don't know. Tell them they are lovely, or whatever you say."

Madison turned towards him.

"Okay, thanks." She smiled.

He missed that. Madisons smile was pretty. Tyler smiled back as she left.

Tyler had to walk to school, which was called Columbus Academy. It took about fifteen to twenty minutes to walk there, and it started at nine. After he ate something and said goodbye and such, it was eight twenty. He started to walk.

It was warm out, the sun was shining. Once in a while, Tyler walked into a small puddle, but nothing much. When Tyler saw the forest he thought of the eyes again. Why did they bother him so much?

You are ugly and worthless.

"Shut up," Tyler muttered. He could see the school in the distance and didn't want a repeat of yesterday.

No. Listen to us. There is a bridge nearby, go. Jump. What do you have to live for?

"Nothing..." Tyler could feel his legs start to walk there, but he stopped and started to run to the school. Maybe if he was at school, the noise could block out the thoughts.

It helped. He entered and immediately heard screaming and yelling everywhere. Tyler took a couple deep breaths and saw a sign that pointed everyone where to go to get classes and find your homeroom. He pushed his way upstairs and went to the sign for grade twelves. Tyler was so glad there were signs. The hallways were blurred with colors and screams of thrills.