Chapter Eight: Mask What is Real

This chapter may trigger you in any way for self-harming or suicide. Please be aware. If you do get triggered easily, please skip the part after Tyler writes a song.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole cafeteria went silent. Soon everyone was talking, wondering, thinking, feeling. But not Tyler.

He got up and raced towards the bathroom, others following him. Tyler raced towards it, not wanting to be caught in the crowd. Luckily, he made it without getting trapped, including five others. Four teachers were guarding the wooden door, more on the way once they got notified about the crowd. Two police entered inside, followed by one doctor. Suddenly a hand pulled him back, smashing him into the crowd.

"Wait!" he screeched. "My friend-"

He got cut off by a person, falling backward. Everyone wanted to see the victim.

His mind raced for ideas, struggling to get up. Tyler felt his breathing go heavy, and tears cornered his eyes. Suddenly an announcement woke everyone up.

"Can everyone that is crowded by the boy's bathroom please leave? This is a very serious topic, and we'd like everyone to remain calm." Mr. Frasier told them.

Calm wasn't the correct word. Everyone went crazier and screamed asking who died.

"Everyone, we would like you to meet in the auditorium." Mr. Frasier raised his voice. "We'd like to address this topic. This is not appropriate behavior from what I hear.

Josh wouldn't commit suicide, Tyler thought as he pushed himself up, hugging his body. Would he?

Yes, you are worthless. You should be there. You should be dead.

Josh wouldn't have killed himself, he told me...

He probably did. I mean, who would stay around for you?

No one, Tyler blinked. No one ever would. The tears were starting to fall around his cheeks when everyone started to back up. I'm so selfish, thinking about me at this time.

Tyler stood there, not knowing what to do. The crowd was almost gone, only about fifty people were there when Tyler spotted two adults standing beside the police, crying. The woman had short black hair and a fancy green dress. The man smoothed back his blonde hair, showing familiar black eyes.

The doctor suddenly came out and mumbled something to the police. Frowning, the police turned towards the parents when another person popped up beside them. The woman gasped when the police told them when the man turned towards the mocha eyes standing beside him. He wrapped his arms around the boy.

Tyler started to walk towards the boy when a teacher grabbed him by the arm.

"Go to the auditorium." She instructed. "Now."

"B-but..." Tyler tried to resist, pushing her off when someone saved him.

"TYLER!" Josh cried with excitement, running towards his best friend. He pulled him into a hug. "I thought...I was nervous."

"I thought it was you..." Tyler told him when Josh let go. Another tear slipped from his eye.

"Mr. Dun, please let him go so he can leave." The teacher argued.

"N-no, Tyler knew James." Josh pleaded.

Tyler gasped. James?! He turned towards the bathroom, water dripping from his hazel eyes.