Chapter Nine: It's Fun to Fantasize

YES I KNOW IT'S SLIGHTLY ON REALISTIC I WAS GETTING SLIGHTLY BORED SO I NEEDED SOMETHING FUN TOO WRITE ABOUT AND THIS IS EXCITING TO WRITE ABOUT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler couldn't remember what he was doing. All he knew was that he had to keep running.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

The black truck was slowly started to fade, just like Tyler's hope. He couldn't run anymore, but he had to. He had to save Josh.

Tyler started to catch up when the car turned the corner. Tyler followed until he emerged into traffic. A train was passing through. His eyes detected the car. Running through the cars, he made it beside the truck. Slowly, he climbed into the back, not caring who saw him. He heard the last of the train whistles go, and soon the truck started to move, wind blasting through his veins.

Tyler watched the sky until clouds covered it. He pulled his gray hoodie over his head, shaking with chills and nerves.

What am I doing? How will I save Josh? This is crazy. This is all my fault.

After about ten minutes, the truck pulled to a stop. Tyler immediately jumped out, running to the nearest wall and perching beside it.

"Damn, that kid was annoying." A wispy, unforgettable voice smirked. "At least we lost him in the crowd."

Tyler peeked from around the corner to see Josh's dad pull a black ski mask off his face. He rubbed it and then turned towards another person behind him who still had their red ski mask on.

"Like your mask?" Josh's dad asked the kid. "Take it off, Ro."

"Hm." The character glanced around, seeming unsure. "I don't know. I feel like we're being watched."

Tyler recognized the voice, but he didn't know from where. He could keep his heart beat move faster and faster, sweat dripping from his forehead to his palms. The red character shrugged and opened the car door.

"Dad, gimme some help." The person mumbled.

Dad? So that would make that person Josh's half sibling, Tyler thought. His eyes widened as the people pulled out Josh, who must have been given an amnesia drug since he was out. The red kid grabbed Josh and pulled him out by his feet onto the mossy grass. His dad suddenly pulled a board from the truck. Just a flat, wooden board. Together, they lifted Josh onto it and pulled him up, carrying him into the building.

Rocks were just stuffed together to make the walls. Barely any glue held it together. Doors that looked metal covered around the building. The only windows were bricks that had fallen out.

Tyler slowly shifted to the door the other's had entered in. He slowly cracked it open, watching the figures move into a room.

Candles barely flicker throughout the area. The wood on the floor looked like it hadn't been brushed for years. The walls were just the stone from the outside.

Holding back coughs and sneezes, Tyler made his way towards the room his friend was in.

I feel like I'm in a horror movie, Tyler thought as he tip-toed towards the room.

"So, now what, dad?" The person, who Tyler assumed was a boy, asked. "Like, what-do-we-do with Todd?"

"It's Josh, you idiot." Josh's dad mumbled. "Hold on."

"Why do we even need him?" The boy exaggerated. "He's not even special."

Tyler glared at the door as he moved it open ever so slightly. He was terrified at what he saw.