Chapter 7

Emery

I don't now what's going on right now, I feel so confused.. my head it's about to explode. I've never liked this weird feeling...it's called anxiety. Well, to be honest, I don't think anyone likes to feel like this. I feel my heart leap inside my chest so damn hard. I'm not sure if I wanna know about that "dark past" of my father. I've always believed that he's always been a normal person and the fact that maybe I've been thinking wrong my whole life perplex me a lot.

Lots of thoughts come to my mind quickly. Hardin Allen Scott with darker secrets? I don't think so. C'mon he's just a writer,  he's not a killer or something like that. I can't avoid the same question coming to my mind again and again.  Why Jeanine's mother and my dad already know each other? I mean it's obvious that they don't know each other because Jeanine and I go to the same school.  I would dare to say that they know from a long time ago. The question is...why? What have they in common? I don't know but I need to know it, and I wanna  know it now

When that atrocious red-haired bitch has talked those tons of shit about my father I've literally felt anger going over my entire body. Who does she thinks she is to talk like that?

"I would really like staying and enjoying the show between..you" The woman smirks and point a finger at my dad and me "but I'm afraid that my baby girl Jeanine and I have to go. Have so much fun guys!" says sarcastically. She walks to the door and flicks off us. Gosh, she's so mean.

"Sure.. go and fuck yourself Steph" My father says.  I shrug and I smile to them "Like mother, like daughter" My father touches his hair nervously.

"I'll leave you alone so you can talk more privately guys" Noah laces his fingers together and goes out of the room with an awkward gesture on his face. His blue eyes seem to be tired and I can perfectly distinguish little wrinkles appearing by the sides of his face.

"okay then.." I can hear the door closing and dad dragging a chair so he can sit down on it. "So how was your day babe?" He asks sarcastically. Really? For a really weird reason that I even don't know, I feel the necessity of laugh, so I just do it. Only my father would make me laugh in a situation like this. I love him so much for these little details. He starts laughing too and I feel his laugh in an echo on my ears.

"Awesome, best day ever" I laugh and dad does too "C'mon this is a serious thing.." I wanna be serious but I just can't. I try to be as calm as possible, I put my both hands over my legs and I sit on a chair waiting patiently for an explanation of all of this chaos. "What was she talking about dad?" He immediately stops laughing. My father snorts and touches his hair again. He does it all the time, mostly when he's nervous or overwhelmed.  

"Well just in case you didn't notice, I've known her since we were in college" I roll my eyes, of course that I noticed, It was more than obvious.

"So.. that means that mom does know her too right?" Dad nods "Were you, enemies, then?" My dad roars and my eyes glint with hesitation.

"Actually, there was a time when we were friends..well a little bit more than friends but that didn't end well" I can feel nausea coming through my throat. I seriously can't imagine her with my father, the image of her hands touching the skin of my dad disgusts me in a way that I never thought was possible.

"Ew, dad I thought you had better taste" He smiles a little bit and I put my head down ashamed.

"I don't feel proud of that period of my life" he replies.

"Why? What happened? You met the love of your life by that time, you should remember that era happily" I ask with a hint of curiosity.

"I did so many stupid things" he shrugs with resignation

"Like what?"  he puts his head down but I raise it so he can look me in the face.

"I'd prefer not to..." I interrupt his sentence, I don't care if it's rude but right now I can't act with clarity, I'm too overwhelmed with this situation. God knows I don't like treat my family like that but right now I need to know all the truth no matter how hard it is.

"Like what dad!?" I yell. My hands tremble and I can feel my blonde hair stuck on my forehead because of the sweat that is falling over whole my face. My dad stands up of his chair and starts walking in circles all over Noah's office.

"I didn't treat your mother well" I cover my mouth with my hands, I can't believe this, that can't be possible.

"Did you..." I'm not brave enough to ask the question that is on my mind but for the face of my father, I know that he imagines what I'm thinking on.

"Oh god no Emery love, I would never do that" I sigh relieved. In fact, I feel like shit for thinking like that of my father, of course, that he would never do that, he's a good man. " I was broken and she tried to fix me, but the process was so damn hard. I did things that I really regret. I was a shitty person but I changed, Steph obviously didn't" I feel the tears coming behind my eyelids, I'm done with this whole situation, I thought I was strong enough to know the truth and face it, but I'm not.

"Please stop, I'm not ready to know it, I'm a coward" I let the tears fall and my father looks at me sadly. He comes to me and wipes away my tears with his thumbs.

"Don't cry my little Em..You are not a coward, you are one of the strongest women that I know" I run to his arms and I hug him. Now, between his arms, I feel safe and comfortable. Feeling his tattooed arms around my back and his warm body against my chest is all that I need. I don't care about his past, the present is all that need to know. And there's one thing that I'm totally sure, I love my dad because of the person that it's now, and nothing will change that. "I love you Emery" he says against my blonde hair.

"I love you dad and I'll always do. And now let's go home please, I'm so tired" my dad nods.

"Let's go little bean" he puts his arm around my shoulders and I almost smile.

CHAPTER 7 IS UP!! YAY! I'LL TRY TO UPDATE MORE CHAPTERS THIS WEEKS GUYS ;)

DID YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER? I HOPE SO. I'M LOVING SO MUCH EMERY AND YOU? 

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE GUYS, ILYSM.

I IMAGINE EMERY LIKE THIS:

DO YOU LIKE IT? IF NOT LET ME KNOW AND I'LL LOOK FOR ANOTHER MODEL :)

XOXOXOXO SEE YOU SOON!