Chapter 12

Emery

When the bell that indicates the end of the class rings  I stop Matt before he runs out of the class.

"Hey" I yell at him "Can I have your number so I can message you about some annotations that might be interesting for the project and stuff?" I ask. He nods softly and looks for his phone on the right pocket of his jacket.

"Sure" and after that, I pick my Phone and I add him as a contact.

"Cool, I will send you a message so you can add me too" he puts his phone on the inside of his jacket again and I cross my arms on my chest trying to protect myself from the cold of the class. This denim jacket is too thin.

"By the way," He says on my back once I have turned in the opposite direction. I turn my head so I can look him in the face and my blond hair flows in the air covering part of my face. I put it off from there and I listen to him silently.  "I don't think I know your name. I just know that your surname is Scott" he almost laughs, I don't blame him.

"Emery, my name is Emery" the words slip out of my mouth in a secure tune of voice.

"Such a rare name" I raise up my eyebrow offended and he notices it so he quickly adds "I mean it's Cool don't get me wrong, but I never heard it before"

"You have now" he smiles and I turn back to my table to put everything inside my bag. I have a different class now so I have to change my place.

When I look where Matt was just a minute ago, I find an empty space. He's not there anymore. I don't know if we have so many classes together, Yesterday was his first Day and I only was here during Mrs. Woodhand's class so it's practically impossible for me to know how many classes do I share with him.

Sydney puts his bronze hand in front of my face covering my vision and waking me up from my daydreamings.

"Hello? I've called you like a thousand times but you were too occupied staring at the new guy to notice me"  he puts her hands on her hips and I roll my eyes.

"What? I was not staring at him" maybe I was but only for a second and that doesn't mean anything. Therefore, I won't recognize it to Syd, she'll be joking about it the whole weekend and I don't want that to happen.

"Oh yeah you were, that's exactly how I stare at your uncle. That eyes are just..." She groans and I almost grimace.

"Oh my gosh you have a serious problem with my uncle, You only saw him a few times" I interrupt her. The idea sounds weird to me but I can't avoid laughing.

"Love at first sight. Is he single?" She asks curiously and I bite my lip to stop the laugh that threatens with slip out of my mouth.

"I think so, but remember he doesn't live in New York" He has lived in so many places, Washington, New York, Seattle...

"That's not a problem for me, I have a car" I burst of laughing

"Do you know where Seattle is right?" She nods with a straight face "it's so damn far from here Syd" she fakes a  crying. My best friend and my uncle dating? Weird.

"He's handsome, funny, polite...Rich! He totally fits with me" she puts her hands together begging me. She's so stubborn.

"I'll give you his number if that's what you ask" I sigh and she immediately holds me tight between her arms. "But this is a horrible idea"

"We would make a lovely couple, I mean He's not that old, only a few years older than me" the idea doesn't convince me at all but I don't want to keep talking about it so I change the conversation theme until the next teacher arrives and stars with his class.

The next hours are too boring I almost fall asleep on my table.
When we finish our journey I feel so relieved, the weekend has finally arrived.
I go out of the class with Sydney by my side.

"So what are your plans for today?" She asks as she picks her phone from her bag.

"I don't have any so I thought I could stay at the library working on the chemistry project" I shrug and she opens wide her dark eyes.

"You must be kidding me" she exclaims amazed by my words. She puts her both hands on my shoulders and she stops me from keep walking.

"Not at all" I shake my head as she rolls her eyes.

"It's Friday you Just can't stay at the library Emery" She says as if it was an evidence.

"Why not? Do you have a better plan?" I ask her.

"Of course I do" she smirks while opens the entrance door of the school. She goes out and I follow her. "C'mon I'll  drive you home" she announces and opens the door of her red car. She has a driving license so he always comes to the school by car which is a lot better than walk.

"So tell me about your plans" when the engine of the car is started I can feel the warm air that flows through the ventilation ducts flooding the whole car. "It feels nice in here, I was freezing out there" She drives grabbing the steering wheel with her both hands.

"Do you know where it feels good too?" I shake my head "In  Jason Martin's house, he's throwing a party tonight and it's gonna be epic. Everyone is talking about that" I raise up my eyebrow. I haven't heard anyone talking about that yet. "And we are going"

"All right" Sydney stares at me amazed. She thought that I was going to refuse the idea "I mean it sounds pretty lit and the library can wait" Fuck the chemistry project and fuck shining plants. I'll start working in that on Monday.

"That's my girl" Syd adds excitedly. "Be ready by seven o'clock" I nod my head and we finish our ride back home talking about what are we going to wear tonight and boring school stuff.

"I tell my parents that I'm going to a sleepover with you tonight so please have my back"

"No problem, If we fall..."

"We fall together" I laugh because of that best friend thing. We have been using that sentence since fifth grade. "See you tonight" she throws me a kiss and she starts her car again.  

.........................................

So here we are with another chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and the next one will be up soon hopefully.

Please press that start button and share the story with all of your friends cause you really help me with that thing. Love you so much

xoxoxoxo

PS: Sorry for the typos