Chapter 10

Emery

I didn't notice it was almost nighttime until I looked through the window of my bedroom and I saw the moon and the stars up above the sky shining fiercely.
The whole day had faded too fast in my opinion, when I received the text from Syd talking about Jeanine I decided to lay down on my bed.
I had spent the whole day watching Netflix and eating a lot of pizza. I would worry about all the drama tomorrow, today had been hard enough.
When my mom went upstairs at some point of the day asking me what would I like for dinner I asked her if I could order a pizza. At first, she wasn't convinced at all but when dad talked with her, she finally accepted.
So When the pizza delivery rang the door of our house I ran downstairs faster than ever, I paid him and I quickly went back upstairs to eat the pizza all alone. I wanted to be alone and have some time to think about the whole thing.
Now I'm with the last slice of pizza on my hand and with my laptop over my legs waiting for Addy to call me via Face Time.
When I hear the sound of the call I answer and I immediately see Addy's face on the bright screen

"what's up sister" Addy says. We're like sisters she loves Auden and me so much and she treats us like siblings. It may seem weird to some people but I don't care. She loves us, we love her end of the question. ˝I just had the worst day ever˝ she announces. I raise my eyebrow and she rolls her eyes.

"And that was because..." I ask curiously; I'm convinced that my day was worst than hers.

"As you know" her cheeks start turning rosy "I met a guy some time ago, He's so cute, protective over me and I think he may like me..." I laugh as she says that last sentence

"Of course he likes you, he would literally loose his ass for you" I add as she puts her hands on her beautiful face ashamed because of my comment and I laugh even more than before. "Addy is a precious flower, my queen I love her and I would never let her go, I want her to be the mother of my children" I imitate her boyfriend. Well, they haven't announced it officially but it's more than obvious that they're dating. I met Cole once and he's a good guy. My cousin and he are kinda cute together.

"Shut up" says Addy joining me with her laugh. "Cole is absolutely not like that. He's so..." The daydreaming again, God no.

"Okay okay I get it, keep going with your awesome story please, I don't want to spend my whole night hearing you talking about how handsome and perfect your boyfriend is" She rolls her eyes again and she shrugs.

"The thing is that I decided that it would be cool if he met my parents but the thing turned so so embarrassing for me" Oh my god I can perfectly imagine uncle Landon examining Cole. That thought is just so funny I can't even breathe because of the laugh.

"What exactly happened?" I eat the last slice of pizza in front of my cousin's face. Gross you Emery.

"Well firstly, dad showed him his harry potter collection and Cole was like I don't give a fuck about this Mr. Gibson. He obviously didn't say anything but I could read it in his eyes. Then mom wanted to teach him how to make cupcakes, I tell her to not to do it and she accepted, thank god, but then she showed him pictures of me when I was just a little girl. So so embarrassing"

"Was that such a bad thing?" Addy opens her eyes wide as if I would have said something unbelievable.

"Of course it was" exclaims so secure of her words ˝He'll be probably thinking that I'm a complete idiot"

"I don't think so, I bet five dollars that he will be thinking right now about you and how cute the future mom of his children was when she was little" Addy shows me her middle finger and I make a heart with my hands. We both laugh and keep talking a while later about stupid things. We laugh a lot and I decided to not tell her about Jeanine I don't want to stop laughing I'm having such a great time with her.

When I've finished my call with Addy I close the screen of my laptop and I leave it on my night table. I pick my phone exactly from there and I phone Sydney. I hope she stills up. After the third tone, she answers.

"Hey, Em hun" she says through the phone. I rest my head on a pillow to be more comfortable.

"Heard you had the funniest day ever with Mr. Robinson" I say sarcastically. I can hear her shrugging. I smile.

"So funny" her voice sounds tired. I guess that today wasn't though just for me.

"I know, is one of my best qualities. I have a very...special humor" I laugh and she does too. When I hear the sound of her laugh I feel relieved, I don't like seeing my best friend sad, worried or whatever that it's not related to happiness and positivism.
"But now" I add serious ˝Let's talk about the not so fun thing.

"Okay, so as you actually know... Jeanine is a" she makes a little pause "Sorry I can't find the perfect word that fits her personality"

"Do you mean bad bitch?" I reply following the kind of game that she's playing right now and that I'm enjoying.
"Oh yep thank you, that was exactly the word that I was looking for" I laugh. At least this is not that serious how I think that it'd be. 

"She went out of the class and we couldn't know what was happening" that was the moment when she was with me, her mother and my dad.

"Yep she was in the headmaster's office, and I was too" Sydney exclaims bad words, all of them directed to Jeanine.

"Anyways" she continues pissed off. She worries about me and my feelings "A few time later Mr. Robinson entered in the class, I mean that's obvious we had class with him, so funny by the way" She groans sarcastically "And announced us that Jeanine Cooper had been expelled because of her bad behavior with another student" Oh god, Emery you better be ready for what is coming. "And who was the only student that wasn't there?" We perfectly know the answer.

"Me" I answer with silent words.

"I'm afraid your right" His voice sounds as if she was apologizing for something, she feels sorry for me. It's not fair she doesn't have o feel like that, It's not her fault. "After that, everyone started making their own speculations and now you both two are the most popular girls in the school" she explains carefully with measured and meditated words. She's trying to not making feel even worse.

"Was that all?" there can't be anything worst at this point. I almost smile because of that try of being positive. "Is there anything else that I should know?"

"Actually, there is" great again ˝Believe me when I tell you that is not as bad as you think" I guess that those words relax me a little.

"What is it?" this time my voice sounds anxious.

"Mr. Robinson informed us that we had to make a project. We have the whole semester to work on it. It's about atoms and molecules" Well, at least I will be able to have Syd by my side the whole semester.

"So... Have you think about how can we do it to make it at least a bit interesting?" She cuts me before I pronounce my next sentence.

"I'm sorry Em you're not my partner. Jeanine and you left when we formed the couples so Brandy and I hadn't a mate to work with and Mr. Robinson though, obviously wrong, that we could work together. We tried to convince him but he didn't even listen to us" I almost want to cry. Why me? Why have I done to deserve this? Damn it. "You'll be working this semester with Matthew Evans"

.............................................
Hey! How are you guys doing? Here's the latest chapter of the story. Hope you enjoy it so much.
Did you like this chapter?
What do you think about Addy?
And Emery, do you think she's facing the situation in the right way?
And how about the relationship between her and Sydney?

Thank you for your amazing support and for being there!

Please if you are liking the story comment and press the star button to show me your support, also share this story because you help me a lot with those three things. (Sorry if there are some typos)

Love you so much guys.

Muack xoxoxo