Chapter 15

Emery

Sunlight enters through the blinders and burns my eyes. My whole body is aching and i feel my head as it is going to explode. I frown and I sit on the bed leaning on the wall noticing that i'm not in my bed.

I panic and I get out of bed faster than i've ever have. Where the hell I am at? What If something went wrong at yesterday's party and I've ended up at a crazy Psycho's house and i never get to see my family ever again? My head screams to stop acting like a fucking child and to stay the fuck calmed but my mind is going crazy right now

My parents come to my mind. They think I'm safe at Sydney's... If they only knew that maybe i'm far from being safe.

The door opens suddenly and I turn back quickly to discover who the hell has entered the room. My jaw drops and my eyes widen. Matthew Evans has leaned on the door frame and is staring at me half worried and half curious I would say. I look down at myself to check if I'm still wearing yesterday's clothes and I sigh when I realize that luckily I am.

"I seems that sleeping beauty has finally woken up. It's 13pm" I cross my arms around my shoulder and I frown at him kind of annoyed by his comment.

"Say that again and you won't last, Evans" The room's walls are painted in greyish tones and the furniture which matches the paint that is on the walls is the fancier thing I've seen in my whole life. "Why the hell I'm kidnapped at a fucking house that screams I'm better than you. Isn't it supposed to be like a bad thing?"Sarcasm is in my DNA, I just can't help it. Matthew laughs and crosses the doorway to remain next to me.

"Whoa, are you always that grumpy or just when you wake up" I notice how deep his voice is. "And I wouldn't say kidnap. It would be more like saving your life" I would feel like laughing if I were in a different situation, but right now I'm not in the mood. Emery Scott getting her ass saved by a man? I'm sorry but that's not the kind of girl I am.

"I know how to take care of myself really well" I take my bag from the nightstand to check my phone ad suddenly more than seventeen messages from Sydney pop up on the screen all of them asking me where the hell I am and If I'm okay. I text her back telling her that I'll call her later and I leave the room searching for a way to get out of this damn house.

"Well, It didn't look like it yesterday" Matthew follows me through the house's corridors. This place is a fucking maze. 

The walls are covered with pictures of Matthew's family. One of them specially catches my eye. In the picture I can see a happy Matthew surrounded by two proud parents. Matthew is holding a trophy and his dad looks at him lovingly. Her dad's body is covered in tattoos, just like mine's. I stop for a second shocked by the coincidence and I continue my way back to the door.

"You were unconscious when I arrived. You must had told someone to call me for some reason. I obviously couldn't let you there so I took you home" Fuck. I should have never drank anything from that party.

"Well, thank you for that but I need to get the hell out of here" I finally see the stairs and I run down them. I suddenly stop when I see both of his parents round a nicely appointed kitchen island. I can't help but look at Matthew clenching my teeth in awkwardness. 

Matthew's mom is the first one in realize that I'm right here in his fancy living room, a complete stranger that for some reason has ended up in their home. 

"Hmm, who is this, Matthew, darling?" I open my mouth trying to form a believable excuse but words won't come out of my mouth.  Matthew's dad has now turned his head to stare at me. His eyes are a combination of brownish tones and his skin, covered in tattoos, has a light olive tone. I can totally see the resemblance between him and Matthew. He definitely must had been handsome when he was younger. However, his mother is the opposite thing. Her blond hair tied on the back of her head makes her look mature and the fancy dress she's wearing totally confirms that. They are both really gorgeous and really like mom and dad which is interesting and kind of scaring at the same time.

"This is Emery, my school partner. I forgot to tell you that we were working on a science project. She came yesterday so we could start working on the project and It was too late so she's slept in the guest's room" I smile awkwardly to them hoping that they believe the shitty excuse we have given them.

"Nice to meet you Mr. & Mrs. Evans, I'm Emery Scott" Something crosses Mr.Evans' face for a second but it disappears too fast to notice what it is. 

"Nice to meet you, Emery. Do you want anything too eat or maybe a coffee?" Mrs.Evans smiles kindly. She kind of reminds me to mom.

"Oh no, thank you. I should go now" I scratch the back of my head nervously and Matthew takes me to the door. I wave at them one last time I cross the doorway. Matthew gives me a last conspiratorial look and I close the door behind me. I lean on the door and I sigh relieved when I notice that I'm wearing a party dress. Shit. Shit. Shit.

They have probably think that I'm one of Matthew's one-night stands. Great Emery, amazing job.

My phone beeps and Matthew's name pops up on the screen

Matthew Evans: I saved your ass

Mathew Evans: Again ;)

And somehow that draws a little smile on my moody face.

------------

Good  news guys :))

I wasn't gonna continue this story but since I've seen lots of you supporting it and telling me to keep up with it... I'm giving it a second chance!

I'm so excited with this project and I'm really grateful with your support, so I'm definitely looking forward to finishing this project

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what would you like to see next on the story

Lots of kisses xoxoxo