Chapter 8

Emery

The journey back home was silent, my dad and I got into the car after we went out of the school building and neither one said a word about what had happened a few minutes ago just in there.

"I'm afraid we'll have to talk about this with mom" says dad with his typical raspy voice when he ends to park the car in front of our house on Brooklyn. I sigh while I untie the seat belt around my hips. I don't think talking about this with mom is a good idea, she's gonna get very sad and I don't want her to suffer. She's such a good person and the perfect mother. She has always treated Auden and I the best way ever, giving us care and love.

I still remember when we were little kids and she used to tuck us in our tiny beds. After that, she read us a little story and finally, she kissed our foreheads and ensure that we didn't have any nightmares.

"Well, I guess but I'd prefer not to" I replied. Today was supposed to be like any other normal day in my life. Going to school, fighting a little bit with Jeanine, as always, talking a lot with my best friend Syd and then going home and feel safe behind those four walls.

I immediately remember that I didn't advise or even say goodbye to Sydney, oh god I'm such a bad friend. I'll car her later and I'll apologize for that.  

"Not all in life can be good, there'll be moments when you'll feel like absolute total shit and moments when you'll be the happiest woman ever" My father takes his keys from the car and opens a door. "But do you know what Em? Don't make bad a day because of a bad moment. Remember that it just a moment. I know that it might sound crazy, as the majority of things that I say...every day. But it makes sense to me" he smiles "I guess that now I'm an old crazy man" He shrugs and laughs.

"No, it isn't such a bad advice. It actually makes sense to me too" I give him a bright smile and I climb out of the car as he does too.

"We're home," my dad says while opens the principal door of our house. Mom comes quickly to the door and grimaces when she immediately put her eyes on me. She's surprised obviously, she didn't expect me to be here. I should be at school right now, but after that happened it'd have been very uncomfortable to be in the same room as Jeanine. I'm grateful that my dad took me home.

"Whoa, Emery sweetheart what are you doing here now? Shouldn't you be at school? And..by the way, what was that school thing about? Why did Noah call? Was it all okay..maybe some problem with the enrollment?" Hell, I'm sweating again, I really don't want to tell mom about this. This is gonna be such an awkward situation. I tell myself that everything is gonna be alright, Steph it's just a person, not a monster or something like that. It's not like if she's a rapist serial killer or some creepy thing. Just a bitch, nothing more.

"So many questions babe" My father laughs and mom smiles with color in her cheeks. I think that they love each other every day a little bit more. I've never met a couple like them, they look at each other like they were the most precious thing in the universe and that is a very admirable thing. I hope one day I will meet my soulmate just like they did. "Actually it wasn't a thing related to the enrollment" mom open her eyes widely

"What was it about then?" Dad passes his hands through his curly hair and his light green eyes look at the floor. Well, that means that he's nervous too, I mean, he's doing all the gestures that he always does when something that makes him feel uncomfortable happens.

"Something about when we were in college" The smile on the face of my mother disappears as fast as a blinking.

"Do you mean us?" dad nods "Whoa..there's been a while since that"

"Well, You do actually know that we met some people there" mom turns pale "Some of them were great like Landon. To be honest, he was great sometimes" that comment makes that mom rolls her eyes and smiles for a second. My uncle Landon is mom's best friend, she loves him so much so do i. "But not all of them were good" mom does a gesture with is hands and she touches her hair gently.

"I met them too Hardin, yo don't have to explain me anything that I don't know" mom interrupts "What happened there, or it would be better to say, who was there?" my dad coughs. Mom is so clever, she also has a very good intuition. "Was it Zed? Molly? Or like you used to say, the fucking Trevor" I laugh when I hear that name, dad is just the best. Mom and dad look at me and for a moment I think that they are gonna get angry because of my laugh, this is a serious thing, but they finally don't and they begin laughing too.

"Oh god Tess you can deny that he was an asshole, cmon who goes jogging?" dad replies and I burst of laughing, mom turns red. 

"At least..he used to be nice with everybody" dad laughs because of that comment. 

"Was that his best and only quality? What a hero, he used to be nice!" Poor guy, I almost feel shame for him. I hope he has a good life

"Okay, okay..that's enough" says mom laughing. "And now, what happened?"

"Do you wanna take a sit?" my dad offers and mom shakes her head.

"Emery had a little fight with a girl" dad explains cautiously and step by step

"I wouldn't say little but go on" I interrupt

"With that tedious girl, I can't remember her name..Jenna, Julia? I don't know" my dad continues

"Do you mean Jeanine?" says mom raising her eyebrow up slowly. 

"That's it" my dad nods and mom that is looking us attentively crosses her arms over her chest "Her mother showed up and she fucked up all as ever" when dad finishes his sentence mom does a gesture with his both hands again, like pretending to stop everything.

"What do you mean, "as ever"?" dad looks at me, asking me silently only with his green eyes if I'm ready for what it's gonna happen next. I nod quietly and very slowly.

"Jeanine's mother is Steph"

YAY! ANOTHER CHAPTER IS UP! I COULDN'T UPDATE BEFORE CAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE MY LAPTOP WITH ME BUT ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU GUYS, I'VE ACTUALLY CREATED AN TWITTER ACCOUNT, AND I'LL SHARE NEWS AND THINGS ABOUT THIS STORY THERE SO IT'LL BE GREAT IF YOU COULD FOLLOW ME! 

IT'S: @hessaaddict JUST LIKE MY USERNAME HERE IN WATTPAD.

HERE'S ALSO THE LINK: https://twitter.com/hessaaddict

AS ALWAYS, VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE THIS STORY FOR MORE CHAPTERS!

LOVE YOU GUYS, SEE YOU SOON!