12》 A Metaphor Is A Fans' Mating Call

Masky's PoV
     Oh....I didn't like what they did to Ben...

     I trailed the group while looking down at my shuffling feet, kicking a small pebble along my path until it rolled out of my reach. I looked up and heard the group chattering about the event that just happened minutes before and about our next destination. 

     "Even though that was pretty amusing, I think you may have gone a little too far." Raina stated the obvious.

     Jeff sighed in exasperation as he raised his arm to stretch and planted his hands on the back of his neck. "Guys relax, this is normal. He always gets like this. I tease him, he gets mad, he runs away, and then gets back by that night to a day or two...probably planning his revenge on me."

     "Oh...but don't you feel guilty of doing those sort of things to him?" Rebecca asked.

     "No, not at all. 'Cuz Ben always haa a comeback for me and we get even."

     The group continued to chat along side each other while I was dragging in the back, still having the feeling that something bad is happening. I shifted my eyes to the brown haired girl who was more injured than the rest of us. She held her injured arm as if it hurted. To be honest, I felt kinda bad for her. On her first day she had already gotten stabbed in the shoulder and attacked in her dream. Sure Rebecca got her ankle broken and all but at least it has a cast of some sort.

     I walked over to Cheyenne and tapped her on her good shoulder. She turned her head to face me with her deep, light brown eyes waiting for an answer of why I have tapped her.

     "Your injuries. Has the pain lessened?" I asked.

     She lifted her palms from the gash and glaced over at it. The bleeding seemed to have stopped but the wound was still wide open and seemed pretty painful. But she nodded at the answer.  "Mhm. It doesn't hurt as much as it did before...I guess. And the injuries I got from that weird nightmare doesn't exactly hurt that much, it was more of shock."

     I sighed in relief but still had worries for her. I know I'm still a killer and enjoy the pain of others but...I only kill when I have to. Unlike Jef-I mean some irresponsible people. For a while I have been trying to keep calm and not let my psychotic side take over. It's been working so far but I don't know how much longer I can keep that persona under control.

     With that wondering through my head, I continued to walk along side the group.

     When was the last time I lost control of myself...? Oh right Jay and Jessica...At least that's what I was told. I can't recall exactly what happened when that happens. I just...snap.

     I shake my head with that thought. It would be nice to at least know who and what you are killing when you do. Cheyenne looked up at me in confusion as if asking if someting was wrong, because I somehow drifted off in thought.

     I laughed nervously. "I-It's nothing. Just got lost in thought I guess."

     Cheyenne looked at me intently but then softly smiled. "If something is wrong, there's no need to hide it from us."

     I looked down and nodded. I softly spoke. "Yeah...ok...thanks."

     It was an hour of walking when Rebecca shouted. "HEY JEFFY!"

     Jeff jumped slightly to that sudden voice. "Jesus Christ! Don't f*cking do that."

     Rebecca stuck out her tongue at him. "I was bored."