END Chapter 31: Close the curtains, take a bow

Phew!! Sorry for the short chapter last time. I just wanted it to be a cliffhanger. So I know the whole 'father' thing got you off guard, but some of you might have thought that you missed something! Well, you didn't. That just came up.

Maybe this chapter might explain it. Judging from the title, you must think that fighting ends here.....well, you're right and wrong.

Just read and VOTE if you thought the last chapter left you off guard.

~Grace

AND BY THE WAY, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!   NEXT BOOK IS: Fairytail fanfic 3: Smile again, please (Nalu)

I'll post the last chapter of this book tonight. Tomorrow, i'll post the first chapter of the new book and on Friday, which is usually update day, i'll post the second chapter of the third book. That way, everything isn't done in one night.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!

________________________________________________

Chapter 31: Close the curtains, take a bow.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Gray and Natsu thought victory was theirs. So did Lucy, but things took a wrong turn when Gray and Natsu landed next to Lucy. Injured as they were, Lucy feared sending them back. So she decided to take play.

She asked Erza to accompany her and the two floated in the sky. They clashed swords with Suzori, who was not exactly used to fighting two extreme female warriors. It was tough. Erza and Lucy were having the upper hand, but Lucy knew that the only way to do it was to destroy him-----

The same way he did to her father.

Yes, all along, everyone thought that her father died due to old age. But isn't that suspicious for a confident man like him, although he was old, to die? Lucy stumbled upon the truth not too long ago from this current event.

FLASHBACK

LUCY'S POV

The fight was soon coming up, and my growing anticipation of seeing who was 'him' reached its limit. One thing lingered in my mind, and that was me dying just to know a little about him.

I didn't have long, let's hope I manage 'till the battle is done. (A/N: Ooooohhh, a little mystery here!)

I walked out of the guild, uncertain of where I was going. I passed the graveyard, and surprisingly enough, my eye caught the gravestone of my dear father.

I pondered for awhile, thinking how it was strange that he died of 'old age'. I never thought about it before, but it remained in my head.

"Something is not right here." I whispered. Inside the earth must probably be bones, no, dust. There is no way I can do any investigation.....unless, Percy! Of  course, she must have something! That celestial god must know what to do!

(A/N: In case you forgot, Percy is the celestial god in the family....REMEMBER, I COMMAND THEE.)

I skidded down the graveyard, running as fast as my legs could take me. I ran up until I came in sight of Percy's house. I tried stopping my feet from running. The door quickly opened to reveal a surprised looking Percy.

Bet she's wondering why I'm in such a state.

"Lucy? Dear child, you look exhausted! Come sit inside and relax your body!" she exclaimed, as she dragged my half worn out body. I dropped myself on the couch and she sat opposite me.

"My apologies for showing up like this, Percy-san." I said in a respectful tone.

"It's okay. Now tell me, why were you like that?" she inquired.