This is Love

A/N: I'm writing this on my phone because I can't let you guys go any longer. My Internet has not been working and my dads been yelling at me for using data so I'm at a friends right now so hope you like this chappie I've been writing for a while :)
⚠UNEDITED ⚠

~ARIEL'S POV~

"There's someone outside Austin's house, pounding on his door?" The text from Alex read.
You've got to be freaking kidding me!
"Uh, Austin. I'll be right back just stay here.... and wait, okay." I slowly said making my way off the bed. I was on my feet and out the door before he had a chance to say anything.
I heard Austin rushing down the stairs after me.
"Wait! What's going on?" He asked, flustered.
"My uh, grandma needs my help... with some stuff." I horribly lied.
"Ariel, seriously, where are you going?" He asked as his eyes filled with sadness and mine filled with guilt.
"Trust me, i'll be right back." I turned away and opened my front door. Once I was outside I ran towards the short-cut through the woods. I ran until my lungs burned and my legs ached. When I reached the edge of the path, I slumped over with my hands on my knees.

"What's up Mahone? You can act like a man in front of Ariel but pussy out when I step up to you?"
I sprinted as fast as I could towards Hunter's voice.

"Hunter! What the hell are you doing?" I yelled pushing his chest when I got to him, making him stumble back a bit.
"Why the hell are you yelling at me? You should be yelling at that prick you call a boyfriend!"
"I cannot believe you have the audacity to come to his home, and bang on his door shouting a bunch of nonsense like a maniac." I yell/whisper. "You're so lucky mama Mahone is at work. I cannot BELIEVE you. Leave. Right now, or I'm calling the police." Why is he even here?

"What the fuck happened to you? You used to be fun... I used to think... I actually thought I had a.. chance with you..." He said lightly, a big contrast to the way he was just yelling. I swore I thought I saw tears brim his eyes but he was quick to blink them away.
"I didn't change? I'm just happy wife the boy I'm with right now. I don't get why you can't except that."
"Because I'm hopelessly I'm love with someone I can never have!" He yells, his face turning red as he starts nervously pacing in a circle with his hands folded behind his head.

I'm standing here, watching someone I cared so much about crumble away in front of me. And I can't help him...
"You need to leave." I breath, barely above a whisper, my voice cracking.
"Ariel, please." He pleads, taking a daring step towards me.
"Don't." I say sternly. "Leave, and leave me and him alone." I say with as much force as I can muster at that point.

Without another word, he hesitates before walking back to his friends truck, getting in, and driving away. I watch as the truck gets smaller and smaller till it turns right.

"What was that about?" Alex asks confused.
"I don't feel like explaining. I'll see you." I say looking away and slowly making my way to the short-cut through the woods.
When my house comes into view I slow my pace, knowing I'm going to have to explain why I abruptly left to Austin. IF he's even there that is.

When got back to my house, Austin was pacing frantically in my foyer. He stopped pulling at his roots when he heard me come in.
"Can you tell me where you ACTUALLY were now?" He pleaded. I planned on telling him anyway, but even if I didn't, how could I say no to those gorgeous hazel orbs?"
"Yeah, come one." I say softly placing a hand on his back and leading him up to my bedroom and we both say on my bed.
"Okay, well you know Hunter?" I say slowly.
"Yeah?" An emotion to quick to catch flashes through his eyes.
"Well, Alex texted me saying that someone was pounding on your door so, I ran over and Hunter was, doing just that, and I made him leave, or I was calling the police. He left, and so did I." I explain simply.
"Why was he pounding on my door? Was my mom home?" He started to panic asking about his mum.
"No, she wasn't thank goodness. But he was ranting on about, um how I changed and how I should date him. I don't even know. But I made it clear, my heart belongs to you." I bring his hand to my chest in a non-perverted way.
"That beating, is meaning. I'm meant to be alive and while I am, I'm meant to be with you." I say, my watery eyes staring into his.
He engulfed my small hand in his two large ones and lightly placed it over his racing heart.
"That. That is the effect you have on me. I've never felt the way I do around you, around anyone else before. You're the one. I can tell, in my heart, that only beats for you. I love you. More than breathing." He breathes closing his eyes.
"I love you." I whisper. I brought my hand away from his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck.
We just say there like that, I'm not sure how long but I started getting lethargic.
"Are you sleepy?" Austin asked nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck after he felt me yawn.
I nodded and he laid back. With his arms still wrapped around my waist. I untangled my arms from behind his neck and wrapped them around his torso.
"Goodnight beautiful." He whispered.
"Sweet dreams handsome."
~~~~~~~