Ch. 7 - Undercover agents

Robin hid a microphone in Echo and Natalie’s clothes. “Good luck.” He said to the two sisters.

“We’re gonna need it...” Echo mumbled.

“Thanks.” Natalie smiled at Robin. She stood up from her chair and hugged him.

“No problem.” Robin hugged her back.

Nat let go and walked back to her sister, the two of them made their way to the door. Natalie looked behind her and waved bye to their new friends. The two of them easily found Slade, he was setting an alley on fire. The two sisters landed gracefully, behind him.

“Heard you're looking for an apprentice. How about two?” Echo said, lowly.

Slade turned around, and looked at them. Finally he replied, “Let’s see what you can do.”

When Echo and Natalie left, Raven turned to Robin, clearly not happy.

“Friend Robin, why did you left new friend Natalie hug you?” Starfire asked, clearly jealous and sad.

“I wanted to be nice.” Robin lied, not facing Raven nor Starfire.

“Friend Raven, friend Robin is not your’s.” Starfire said, coldly.

Raven glared at Starfire. “He’s not your either.”

“I have never said he was.” Starfire said, innocently.

“Yeah, hugging him, kissing him. Really tells me something.” Raven deadpanned.

“ENOUGH!” Robin said, loudly. “I’m NO ONE’S!”

“What about that ‘Natalie’ girl? Hmm? You seem pretty-” Raven started

“What about her? I love you, Raven. Not her.” Robin turned and grabbed Raven’s left hand. Raven looked unconvinced, so Robin pulled her into a hug.

“Sure thing.” Natalie said, flying into the air. She looked around the alley, her eyes resting on a trash can. Her necklace glowed blue, she lifted her hands blue hearts went flying and exploded the trash can. Her landed gracefully next to her sister.

“My turn.” Echo flew into the air, her eyes turning black, next thing you know the whole alley was ablaze, black fire everywhere.

“Very good.” Slade said, impressed. Slade grabbed Natalie’s wrist and Echo’s. Slade teleported them to a black room.

Natalie’s blue glowing eyes lit up a small area. Echo realized where they were. They were under the Titan’s tower. Slade turned on a light, all around them, fake dolls of Raven, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy.

“Look at the clothes over there,” Slade pointed to a rack “And put them on.”

Natalie flew over there, Echo inches behind her. Natalie looked at the clothes for a good five minutes before deciding on a outfit like Terra’s. Echo picked out the same one as Robin had. They put on their outfits and showed Slade.

“You,” Slade pointed to Natalie. “take your hair out of that ponytail.”

“Her name’s Natalie, and i’m Echo. And you really don’t want her to take out her ponytail.” Echo said.

“Now.” Slade commanded, ignoring Echo.

Natalie slowly raised her hand to her ponytail, carefully pulling it out. As soon as it was out, Natalie’s eyes went completely black, her blue necklace turning black as well.

“Now, go fight the Teen Titans.” Slade laughed evilly

Echo and Natalie teleported to in front of the tower. Echo knocked, looking worriedly at her sister.

Raven answered the door, clearly not happy.

Echo punched Raven in the face, catching her off guard.

“TITANS, GO!” Robin’s voice sounded from inside.

The Teen Titans came flooding out, Raven now recovered, stood up. The Titans lounged at the Sisters. Natalie lifted her thumb and pointer finger into a flicking motion. She raised her two fingers up in front of Beast Boy’s forehead, flicking her fingers, Beast Boy went flying backwards. Echo turned into her Dragon figure, spitting black fire everywhere.  

"Their too strong!” Robin said after falling on his back. He looked once at Echo and saw the worry in her eyes as she looked at Natalie, she flung him to the ground.

"Don't let your guard down or you'll get knocked around." Her voice echoed

As Robin looked into Natalie’s eyes, reading her thoughts. Yes, her thoughts, Robin secretly had a superpower.

‘S-stop!’ Natalie’s thought was, ‘You’re hurting your friends!’ Another voice entered her mind.

‘You don’t care! You just want to see them suffer!’ It said. Robin guessed it was the bad side of Natalie.

“NATALIE! STOP!” Echo shouted at her sister. “YOU’RE HURTING THEM!”

“And I care, why?” Natalie spun around on her heels. “Why? Why should I care about them,” Natalie pointed to the Titans. “why do you care?” Natalie spat.

“Because! They're our friends! They let us join the Teen Titans!” Echo told her sister, a sharp edge in her voice.

“What?” Slade voice sounded behind them. “Tell me, DO ANY OF MY APPRENTICES ACTUALLY WANT TO LEARN AND BE EVIL?”

“I do.” Natalie pushed her sister away, walking up to Slade.

“Natalie! NO!” Echo ran after her sister. “STOP!”

Echo managed to put Nat’s ponytail back on her, Natalie automaticly slipped out of her trance. Slade turned and ran off, Echo got ready to chase him. Cyborg stopped her,

“Let him go.” Cyborg glared at Slade as he ran off.