Nine.

Chapter 9-

I woke up to bright lights and white walls. I groaned as I tried to move my head. Shit, that hurt. I brought my hand to my head and felt a huge bump. What the fuck happened? At least I was in a comfortable bed. Wait. Bed? What bed?

"You fainted at the desk over there." a voice said. "You slammed into the ground pretty hard but luckily you don't have a concussion."

My eyes jerk opened and my body jerked upwards and then slammed back down as intense pain pierced my skull and radiated down my body, but not before I saw a woman in scrubs standing at the foot of my bed. Scrubs? Was I in the hospital?

"What happened?" I mumbled while cradling my head.

She replied "You came in with a lot of blood on your clothes and blacked out; I believe you were looking for someone. That was about 5 hours ago." She added with a glance at her watch.

"Blood? What? I don't rem-."

And then it came rushing back. Ethan! Oh god. I jerked up again but steadied myself as she rushed over to help me.

"Ethan. My boyfriend Ethan Raines. Car Accident. Where is he? Is he okay?"

She stepped back again "I have no idea, but I'll find out as much as I can. Stay there. We don't need you collapsing again." And she left.

Oh god, he better be okay. I can't believe I was out for so long. I wanted to get up and follow her but she was right. With the way my head felt, I would probably black out again and never know if Ethan was okay. I cradled my head as I sat there, waiting impatiently. About 15 minutes went by while I sat there ready to murder someone when she walked back in.

"Your friend is stable. I couldn't find his doctor, but the nurse said he was actually very lucky. He has 3 broken ribs, a broken leg, a broken arm and a broken nose."

That was lucky? Jesus.

"Can I see him? Where is he?"

"He's asleep but I think we can move you to his room. I figured you would want to go so I brought scrubs for you. Change slowly and we can make our way over there."

She walked out to wait for me, and I changed quickly, which she said not to do but I didn't want to wait another minute to find Ethan. I gritted my teeth and steadied myself for the walk.

I walked over to meet her, and she gave me a stern look. Sorry, lady. I am not waiting forever. She rolled her eyes, as if reading my mind, and we started walking. We went up two floors and around two more corners before she stopped at a room.

"He's in there. Let him sleep, be patient. He'll be disoriented. I had them put a comfortable chair in there for you, and you can stay if you want. Just be quiet so we don't all get fired." She squeezed my arm with a small smile and added "He'll be okay. Good Luck." and she walked away.

"Thank you." I called quietly and she waved.

I walked in and stopped when I saw Ethan. God, he looked so fragile. His face was covered in bruises while his arm and leg had a cast. His torso was wrapped, and it didn't look pretty.

I made my way over to the chair next to his bed and sat down. I grabbed his hand and held it gently, while combing my fingers through his hair. I moved both hands to hold his and laid my head down.

"I'm so sorry Ethan. I should have been faster. I'm sor-sorry." And I was still as tears started down my face. This was my entire fault. I could have been faster or something.

I slowly fell asleep with those troubling thoughts swirling around in my brain. I just hope he can forgive me. And I was out.

-----------