Fifteen.

Chapter 15-

Whoever invented the concept of having a party was an idiot. Well at least to me he was, or she. I'm not sexist here. Just a party hater. Ugh. Today was Friday and Chloe had to leave tomorrow morning, but she was still pumped for the party tonight. Talon said it started at 10:00 tonight, so we had a while. It was time for Chloe to spill her guts, so I decided to drag her to the campus café.

We sat down and ordered two coffees, black.

After a few minutes of silence, we received them and she clutched hers like a lifeline.

"Chloe?"

"Yea?"

"Tell me what's wrong." I say softly.

My tone makes a tear trickle down, but she swipes it away before it gets to her chin. "I don't want to." She chuckles wetly.

"Chloe, you're my baby sis. I love you, and you never cry. So, spill it. Please."

She takes a sip and stops to think for a minute.

"There was this guy, his name was Joey."

I nodded; I figured it had to be something like that. I was silent so she continued.

"We were actually dating for a year or so, maybe 11 months..." and she sips again. "I really loved him Trey, like head over heels and all that shit." And she finally looks at me. I smile softly and grab her hand.

"Chloe, what happened?" I had an idea but knowing Chloe it was ten times harder for her, because she didn't trust people often. Let alone love them.

"Well I came home one day, I knew he was waiting for me, and walked into my room and there he was. Fucking my best friend Melanie. On my bed. My bed, Trey. Who fucking does that? And then Melanie saw me but she didn't..stop..until he noticed me in the doorway. Then he tried to say she came on to him."

Jesus. That was a little worse than I thought.

"No one sane Chlo. Someone stupid as hell."

"No kidding. And then 2 months later they found out she was pregnant."

"Jesus. I'm sorry Chloe."

"Since they're both 18 they're parents begged them to get married..."

"When was that supposed to happen?"

"Today." She whispered.

Oh, freaking Christ on a crutch. I got up and pulled her into a hug, squeezing tightly. "I am so sorry, so sorry. No one deserves that, especially not you Chloe."

She held tightly "They sent me an invitation, a fucking invitation." And she broke down. I was glad we were in a corner so she could just cry it out.

This Joey guy was a freaking fool, a freaking dumb stupid fool to do something like that to Chloe. I couldn't imagine if anything like that ever happened to me and Talon. I held Chloe for a few minutes and then I grabbed her arms and looked into her eyes.

"We are going to go to this party. We are going to get drunk and then you are going to forget all about this dipweed. Okay?"

She smiled and nodded. "Okay, bro." She wiped her cheeks and took a deep breath.

I paid the bill and we walked out to head over to the dorm. I was sorry she had to learn that love was hard this way, no one deserved that.

----------

We got back to the dorm and Talon was there already. We had about an hour to get ready, but the party was in our dorm, so it was all good. He grabbed my face and kissed me deeply when I walked in and I was happy to hear Chloe giggle.