chapter thirty-eight

FORGET WHAT WE'RE TOLDBEFORE WE GET TOO OLD

BEFORE WE GET TOO OLD

chasing cars by snow patrol

(get ready for some serious drama)

"They really are a match made by heaven

"They really are a match made by heaven..."

Blaise immediately shifted his gaze to the voice that newly welcomed his ears. He then see their other female friend, Pansy Parkinson, who stood next to him. Blaise did not say anything else as he just observed the female's actions. He was really unsure if she had already given up her feelings for Draco. Never did the whole group had a closure about it.

Also, never they have ever took the courage to open up their thoughts to one another.

"And you wish to be Alice?"

Blaise was known to be extremely blunt and not just by the general crowd, but also by his closest friends and acquiantances. His words hurt but they were honest and unfiltered.

Pansy knew it very well, which is why she did not took it as an offensive reply from the boy.

She chuckles and shook her head. "Over it." she admits.

"Oh? Seven years and now you decided to put them all down the drain?" he reasons out.

"It's not about the years, Blaise. It's all about being genuine. I did like him — Merlin knows, perhaps, I might have loved him through it all. However, I can no longer put myself with that kind of situation anymore."

"With what exactly?"

"Selfishness." Pansy deadpanned. "I was selfish, I'll admit. Not only to Alice, but to everyone else. I cut ties with everyone just because of my 'heart-break'," she mocks the last word.

Blaise snickers.

"...I even push Daphne away just because of her sister's bethrodal to Draco." she bitterly smiles.