Chapter 2 - What the heck?!

Maplekit watched as Sandpaw taught Violetkit how too crouch. She meowed in amusement as She fell on her belly.

"Stop! It wasn't funny!" Violetkit squealed, flicking twigs off her soft white underbelly.

"Loosen up Violetkit!" Sandpaw laughed. "Everyone falls on their first time!"

Violetkit huffed, trotting over to Swiftheart.

Maplekit stared after her. She reminded her of Dawnkit.

At the gathering a couple days ago, Starclan covered the clouds with a storm when Darkclan and Cloudclan got into a fight about Dawnkit.

The Cloudclan deputy, Dovewind, said that a Darkclan queen named Flowerheart was watching Dawnkit, along with two other kits, Snakekit and Frogkit.

Maplekit stared at the sky. It was a dark gray, and the damp smell ment a storm was coming. She sighed and went to a puddle.

She stared at her reflection.

"Why Dawnkit! What did you do?" She whispered, tears slipping out her eyes.

As the tears splashed into the puddle, a black cat appeared.

He stared at her. Maplekit leapt into the air,

"Who are you?!" She screeched. The cat dissapered as Swiftheart ran towards her.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Maplekit sighed. "I saw someone in the puddle." She mewed.

Swiftheart sighed. "You are just tired. Let's go take a nap." She mewed.

Maplekit curled up next to Swiftheart. She closed her eyes.

She woke up with a start. She was in a dark forest. The wind whispered in the trees. The moon castes a soft light into a den inside a tree.

She peeked in. She saw a black she cat with green eyes.

She also saw the black cat from the reflection. He had a white foot. They sat in front of 4 kits.

One was black and white, another, ginger and dark ginger.

Blazekit! Maplekit thought.

She looked at the other kits in horror. There was a gray tabby she cat.

Violetkit!

And one who looked exactly like her.

Me!

"Well done, but I can't take them." The black cat said.

The black she cat sighed.

"I'm not leaving these poor kits alone. They will starve." She insisted.

"Your gonna have too." The black cat said, reaching for Blazekit.

"No! I know a pair who lost their kits." The she cat cried quickly.

"They are in a different, beyond the mountains."

"Well, take them there, when their older." The tom mewed, turning to the exit.

Maplekit gasped, hoping he didn't see her. He walked past her.

"Wait! were are you going?" The she cat called.

"Home." The tom growled.

"Goodbye for ever." He said, padding away through the trees, leaving the she cat in tears as she let her kits suckle.

Maplekit gasped.

What on earth did I just see?! She thought.