Chapter 14: It All Comes Crashing Down

Maplepaw sighed sadly as Blossomkit's mewls echoed through the clan. There were hushed whispers and soon enough there was silence.

Maplepaw groaned and sat up. Flypaw, the newest apprentice was arriving back from dawn patrol with his mentor, Seabreeze. Feverpaw and Fallnose were there too.

Feverpaw had spotted her out side and brought a fish over,

"Do you want to share with me again?" He asked.

Maplepaw nodded, grief keeping her from speaking.

Feverpaw curled up against her as she nibbled on the fish.

"Sorry about your siblings." He mewed.

Maplepaw nodded. "It's okay."

Feverpaw sighed. "That's how I felt when my mother dropped me off on your borders,"

Maplepaw gasped. "Why?!"

"A kit came in and my mom thought I was to friendly and weak to be a warrior so she woke me up late at night and told me we were playing a game we had to escape from Flightclan. She lead me to your border and said she was getting prey, but she disappeared."

Maplepaw licked his ear, sad to hear the young cat's story.

They sat together for a while when Maplepaw decided she was going to get Swiftheart prey.

Feverpaw nodded, finishing his food.

Maplepaw grabbed a mouse, Swiftheart's favorite meal, and carried it in.

Blossomkit was messing with Swiftheart's tail. Maplepaw dropped her prey in Swiftheart's front of her face.

"Thank you." She meowed.

"Blossomkit's getting better." Maplepaw mewed cheerfully.

Swiftheart nodded, proudness in her gaze.

Suddenly, there was a long, piercing howl. Maplepaw gasped, spinning around. Snowear covered her kits, who began sobbing.

Swiftheart pulled Blossomkit over to her.

"What's that?!" Maplepaw screamed,

"Wolves!" Mistleheart yowled from outside.

Three huge gray dog like creatures raced into the clearing.

Maplepaw raced out, while Swiftheart and Snowear guarded the nursery.

Maplepaw battered a wolf's face, but it grasped her leg in it's teeth. She fought out bravely, she limped to the apprentice den, were Violetpaw was hiding with a torn ear.

There were screeching and yowling. Maplepaw was watching on dismay as Whiteblaze was thrown aside, leaving him lying ominously still.

Maplepaw cried out, tears splashing off her face when she heard loud squeals from the nursery.

She raced in to find a hole in the back, and a wolf growling at Blossomkit, who was wide eyes with fear and crying.

Maplepaw launched herself at the wolf. She battered its face. It threw her off and she landed in front of Blossomkit.

She stood up shakily, while the wolf charged at her.

She only saw Swiftheart racing in as the Wolf bit her face. She watched, her vision blurring, as Swiftheart frantically began screaming, as Roseleaf despratly gave her herbs, and as the wolf raced out, blood covering his face.

Maplepaw groaned, blacking out as Swiftheart swarmed over her.