Chapter 6: Splash and Neon

"Is it a kit?"

"No genius! It's a leprechaun!"

"Sorry. Where is there mother?"

"No idea."

Maplekit cracked open an eye. Two she cats were staring down at them.

"Ahhhh!" She screamed, waking Blazekit and Violetkit.

One she cat was blue and white with green and purple spots. She was wearing a green scarf, and had two different shades of blue for eyes.

The other was a black she cat with a white muzzle. She had bright pink and green stripes on her ear, purple stripes on her feet and a blue ringed tail. She had purple eyes and a strange mark on her forehead. She was wearing strange things on her ears.

"W-who are you?!" Maplekit stuttered.

"I'm Splash." Said the blue she cat.

"And I'm Neon." Said the ack and neon she cat.

"I'm Maplekit." Maplekit said. "And these are my sister, Violetkit and my brother, Blazekit."

Maplekit backed away. "We need to go home." She said quickly, struggling to climb out the hollow hole they had slept in, but fell to the ground.

"Want some help?" Neon asked.

"No." Maplekit said, scrambling over to her siblings.

Splash noticed the kit's ribs could be seen. She was worried for them.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

Maplekit's stomach growled. "Yes." She said.

Splash stood up. "Be right back!" She told them. She darted away into the snow.

"Why are you so colorful?" Blazekit asked Neon.

"Our old housefolk tested bad stuff on us and did that. They gave us these items, me headphones-" she tapped the strange thing on her ears. "And Splaah a scarf."

"I like music, so I came out with a music note on my head." She prompted.

Splash returned with a strange plastic leaf.

It was filled with the same thing Swiftheart fed them at home.

Maplekit lapped at it with her tongue. It was sweet and cold.

She slurped it hungrily, and Violetkit and Blazekit joined too.

The cleared the leaf, then Splash looked at them.

"Need a lift?" She asked.

"Yeah." Maplekit said. They could make a run for it after.

Neon grasped Maplekit's scruff. Maplekit squealed and thrashed. Neon released her.

"Did I hurt you! Sorry! I've never carried a kit before!" She gasped, her eyes filled with worry and guilt.

Maplekit sat up, flicking snow from her paws.

"You startled me." She whispered. Blazekit and Violetkit were out, and Neon picked her up again.

This time she made it.

She have her siblings a look.

Then they took off running, leaving Neon and Splash in the snow.