stressful holidays

okay so...

i am someone with anxiety that can get really bad while it can also be pretty hidden. my anxiety can get very bad around holidays, with lots of people, lots of food, lots of hugs and physical contact.

for this easter i'm lucky enough to get to be at my house (my dad's, but i still have my own room during the day). i find it comforting to know where i am and know where the bathrooms are and know where things are in the kitchen and everything. that just calms me.

certain things that i hate are eating on holidays. like how much is acceptable to eat? did i put too much on my plate? not enough? i hate being where one of my other relatives cook because then if i dont eat some of everything i feel like i'm going to hurt their feelings. i especially hate easter because i'm with my dad and step mom, and my step mom's family comes. and i barely know any of them. i'm like the outsider and some of them remember me but i can't remember them. and i like knowing people. if i don't know them i just feel awful.

but ANY WHOOOO

here are some of my tips for not having an anxiety attack or something of that sort during the holidays. and just remember. this is what helps me. if might not help you but they helps me.

-coloring books. they can help calm me down. and you can find tiny ones that are easy to carry.

-gum or jolly rancher or something. they can help distract you a bit and it's just something to have.

-fidget cube or spinner. these are nice. but if you have little cousins or nieces or nephews maybe keep them hidden if you don't want them to take them.

-PETS! find the pets and sit with them. they are always much better to socialize with than people.

-music, just find a corner and put in your ear buds.

-know where the bathrooms are. when you get there and if you don't already know where the bathrooms are ask.

-if you feel really nervous or are done with being near people tell your mom or dad or older sibling or aunt or someone you arent feeling well. they might find you somewhere to lay down. or if youre sitting down for a meal they might let you lay on the couch. if they won't or you can't say you don't fell well just escape to the bathroom for a little.

and this isnt really advice but it's just something.
-eat. no matter how nervous you are you need to eat. it'll make you feel better later.

so yeah. this was probably pretty stupid. but i hope it helps someone.