FOUR

"leave me alone jenna" tyler said as he walked out the restaurant. jenna sighed and jogged to catch up with him.

"ty i'm sorry but you don't need to be around him, he's bad" tyler stopped in his tracks and looked at her.

"you're not my mother jenna! you have no clue what is good for me, i wish all of you would stop telling me what i can and cannot do!" tyler yelled as he stomped his foot. jenna was silent and tyler rolled his eyes.

"i'm walking home. i'll see you tomorrow i guess" he started walking down the street. he mentally thanked God that he only lived 3 blocks away from the restaurant he was at. After about 10 minutes of walking he reached his house. he walked in and saw his parents snuggled on the couch watching a movie.
"hey ty" his dad said as he untangled from his mom. tyler whispered a quiet "hi" before heading towards the stairs. his dad instantly noticed his change in attitude and walked towards him.

"you okay son? are people being mean to you again? you know what'll happen if they do" his dad threatened and tyler shook his head.

"i'm just tired, i'm gonna head to bed. goodnight" he responded and kissed each of his parents. once he got upstairs he collapsed on his silky sheets and let sleep take him.

the next morning joshua went into his sisters room to wake her up for school. as he neared ashley's bed he noticed her flushed cheeks and her soaked sheets that smelled of sweat. he grew worried and began to shake her, she opened her eyes and let out a whine.
"bubby i don't feel good" ashley said as she tried to sit up but got lightheaded and held her head in pain. joshua nodded and went back in his room and searched for the first aid kit. once he got it, he went back in ashley's room and took her temperature.

"you have a fever of 101 ash" joshua told her. "you need to lay in bed, i'm gonna go get soup from downstairs, i'll be right back" joshua said and ashley shook her head. "you need to go to school joshua. i'll be okay here" she pleaded. she knew her big brother hasn't been passing his classes and is on the brink of not graduating in the spring.

"i'm not leaving you here by yourself ash, it'll be okay. now i will be right back with your soup. get changed into clean clothes and i'll bring you a cold washcloth so we can try to get your fever down" he kissed her forehead before walking downstairs.

once he got downstairs he saw a bunch of beer bottles and his father passed out on the couch snoring loudly. he shook his head in disgust and went to making soup and getting a cold washcloth. he walked in ashley's room to see her in one of joshua's band tshirts and sweatpants and was blowing her nose. she thanked him and took the soup, giving him bites as well. they cared so deeply for eachother. it was only them. joshua took the empty bowl and put it on her desk and then started playing with her hair in attempt to help her fall asleep.

he soon heard soft snores and smiled admiring his little sister. he moved her off of him and tucked her in, ashley grabbing the stuffed bear joshua got her and rolled over. he kissed her forhead and walked out not before whispering something to her.
"i'm gonna get us out of here soon, i promise"