FIFTEEN

the next day at school tyler skipped up to joshua who was sitting outside. it was oddly warm in november so everyone was outside before school started. joshua sat under a tree leaning his head back. tyler looked at him in awe. the sun was shining on his golden face bringing out every single thing tyler adored about him. he didn't know he could love someone so much.

"is this seat taken?" tyler smiled. joshua opened his eyes for a second before shrugging and moving his bag so tyler could sit down. joshua took a second to notice his appearance. the doe eyed boy was wearing a white space hoodie and black ripped jeans. how could an outfit so simple look so good on him? joshua was in awe. completely in awe with the boy in front of him. as students were walking by the two boys they gave weird and confused looks. joshua didn't know if they were directed towards tyler's clothes or at the fact that someone was talking to joshua that wasn't his friends.

"so was everything okay last night?" tyler whispered so no one would hear. joshua eyes visibility filled with guilt.

"yes"
no.
"are you sure joshua? you know you can tell me"
"i promise"
i'm lying. he hit ashley last night.

tyler nodded his head before gently touching joshua's hand with his. he gave joshua a warm smile. how could a simple act like that could calm the red haired down so much. it was silent for a moment before they both saw jenna getting out of her car and giving a confused look to the two boys. joshua just smiled at jenna and tyler nervously got up.

"i'll see you in first period"

during lunch tyler, ryan, dallon, and jenna were sitting at their usual spot. jenna looked at tyler who was avoiding eye contact with her.

"do you have something to tell me tyler?" jenna asked tilting her head. the table got silent and tyler looked at her nervously. "no, why?" he smiled. jenna scoffed. "bullshit tyler dont lie to me! are you are that joshua guy a thing or something? you know who he is" tyler's eyes filled with anger as he stood up.

"jenna i am so damn tired of you telling me who i can and can not talk to. we are friends okay? and that is none of your buisness. you know nothing about him so please stop making assumptions and worry about your own life before you meddle into mine!" tyler yelled a little too loudly. the cafeteria got silent and all eyes were on him. the crybabies looked at him in shock. anxiety began to flow through tyler as he walked out of the cafeteria. jenna sat there shocked and ryan and dallon silently went back to eating their food.

"wow joshua, look at him, sticking up for you" hayley joked. joshua smiled and shook his head. "he shouldn't have done that" brendon scoffed and rolled his eyes. "oh would you shut up and let that boy love you? you deserve it. no go calm him down he seems pretty mad" joshua nodded and got up and walked towards the door. before he got the chance to walk out he heard a voice speak up.

"faggot" the jock muttered under his breath. his friends laughed and anger rushed through him. he balled up his fist but thought of the feminine boy and unclenched his fist. instead he flipped them off before walking out.

^^^ he did this btwjoshua searched the bathroom and the classrooms until he found tyler in the music room playing the piano

^^^ he did this btw
joshua searched the bathroom and the classrooms until he found tyler in the music room playing the piano. joshua leaned back against the door and just listened to the soft keys of the piano. after tyler was done joshua spoke up.

"see i thought the grand piano in your house was just for decoration" tyler jumped at the voice and when he realized it was joshua he blushed. joshua walked towards tyler and leaned against the piano.

"you know you don't have to stick up for me" joshua spoke softly. tyler shook his head. "no i'm tired of people thinking you're such a terrible person. i'm tired of jenna acting like my mom. she needs to know that i am my own person." joshua nodded in agreement. "i agree. thank you though. i appreciate it" tyler smiled before looking back down playing around with the keys. before joshua could process it he spoke again.

"you're so beautiful" joshua's eyes widened as he finished the sentence and tyler choked before blushing.

"i-im sorry i didn't mean to say that outloud, i'm gonna go, see you later" joshua fast walked out the music room and tyler's lip twitched his eyes filling with tears.

he didn't mean it. he was only lying. you're not pretty enough.

a/n: this was meant to go up a day ago but im dumb. i'll go more into what happened with ashley and their father in the next chapter. k love u bye.