Chapter 8: The Final Countdown

A/N:  Chapter 7 was just posted yesterday, so if you haven't read it, you might want to start there.  Hope you enjoy!  Thanks for your continued support and encouragement!  (And thanks to my inspirational plot bunny as well as my 'love barometer' who both help me immeasurably!  Love you gals!)

JAMIE POV

My plane landed at 7:00 a.m. PST and it's now 9:00 and I'm sitting in restaurant waiting for THE James Foley. My ass is sweating, my knee is bobbing, and I want nothing more than a stiff drink, but sanity tells me that is a BAD idea – so hot tea it is.

A few minutes later the man himself approaches the table. He reaches out a hand as I stand. "Jamie, I'm delighted to meet you. Thanks for coming today."

We shake hands and sit down across from each other. "Thanks for inviting me, sir. I appreciate the opportunity to meet you before we start work."

He waves me off, "Enough with the sir shit. I'm usually Jamie, but given that is going to cause confusion on the set – you can be Jamie and I'll be Foley. Fair enough?"

I smile and nod as our server approaches. Foley takes the lead, "I don't know about my man here, but I could use a stiff Bloody Mary." He looks to me with questioning brows.

This man is my hero. I look to the server, "Yes, please. And keep 'em coming."

Foley smiled, "We're going to get along just fine." He takes off his jacket and leans across the table, "So, Jamie, do you have concerns about the change in directors? Do you have any burning questions for me?"

Wow, he's direct. Guess I should have prepared. I cleared my throat, "I don't have concerns, per se. I want to make sure I understand your vision and your expectations for me."

Our Bloody Marys hit the table and he picks his up, "to a successful relationship. Cheers."

We clink and drink and I'm pleased he said 'relationship.' He could have said project or filming or box office, but he said relationship. I feel some of my tension fade.

He smacks his lips after his first sip and gets down to business. "Jamie, I think you are a perfect Christian. I'm glad to see you are bulking up, because that is my only request – I want to see a Christian that is more physically dominant, because in these next movies, his emotions will come out, so his physique is the main way to convey his control, so to speak, over Ana."

"I understand. Unfortunately, I was cast late in the game for the first movie, but I've been working hard ever since. I have no plans to look like a body builder, but I am working with a trainer who understands the full potential for my natural physique."

"Good. Keep it up. I also expect to see more emotion from you – from Christian. He had to be somewhat robotic in the first movie in keeping with his character, but Ana is breaking you down and we need to see your vulnerable side – we need to see evidence that you care and you're willing to compromise for her. That's the biggest change. I want to see some of Jamie mixed in with Christian – I want to see some humor, some humility, some vulnerability. If you can give me those things, we'll be fine."

I can't help but give a self-deprecating chuckle. "I understand all about being broken down. That won't be a problem."

He studies me for a moment before speaking. "How would you describe the chemistry between you and Dakota? Erika said you two get on like a house on fire, but I want to know – man to man – your thoughts."

I signal for my second Bloody Mary. Placing my elbows on the table I face him down, "We connected instantly. It was effortless for us. But you should probably know that we are dealing with a shitstorm at the moment." I proceeded to tell him everything – full disclosure – ending with, "I am totally and completely in love with her, chemistry is not going to be a problem on my side."