Chapter 14: Sushi Saga

DAKOTA POV

It's been an incredibly busy week, and Jamie and I have not really had any 'alone' time together outside of work. Trevor cracked the whip and got two pap walks with Matt out of me and a family outing from Jamie. Tonight is the Rihanna concert, and what was supposed to be a fun evening for me, Jamie, and Stella has turned into me and Stella in my nice private box seats, and Jamie attending with Amelia and her friend on the floor so they can be spotted 'loving up on each other' – Trevor's words. I'm not at all happy about it, but I simply bite my lip.

We've been filming the kidnapping scene this week, and it's been stressful on several fronts. The tension in our personal lives is playing into the tension of the scene and I think we are both anxious to get past this and back on normal footing. We've not had a chance to have a meaningful conversation, much less any intimacy.

We wrapped early today, so Jamie suggested we go grab a late lunch together before going our separate ways tonight. So here we are at our favorite sushi place. The hostess shows us to 'our' table and drops the menus with a smile. "Hannah will be with you shortly."

I blow out heavily causing my lips to blubber. Great. Handsy Hannah. Just what I need. The chick has a serious thing for Jamie and I'm at the end of my rope with her.

She comes bouncing over to the table and immediately strokes her hand across his shoulders and smiles down at him, not us, not me – him. "It's so good to see you back! What can I do for you?"

Jamie seems oblivious, but I'm certainly not. She has yet to look at me, so I keep my eyes on the menu. My voice is soft, but my words are hard. "Well, I'd like to start with you keeping your hands to yourself. And I'll follow that up with a side of if you keep eye fucking him every time we come in here I'll have you fired."

Handsy Hannah freezes, but finally swings her gaze to me. Once Jamie picks up his jaw, he responds in a similar fashion. "Sounds good. I'll have the same, but I think I'd also like to order a different server, please." He snaps his menu closed and smiles at me as he takes my hand across the table.

Hannah storms off, and Jamie stands to move around and slide in beside me in the booth. He wraps an arm around me and pulls me into him as he kisses my head, "So the green eyed goddess came to lunch with us today?"

I snort at him, wishing I had my wine in front of me already. "Yeah, well. I reached my limit." I turn to look him in his smiling eyes and reach up to caress his jaw. "I know it's my fate that women will always come onto you and flirt with you. I have to draw the line somewhere. Her constant touching of you crossed my line."

He bumps his nose to mine. "I never even noticed her touching me to be honest, sweetheart." He lays a gentle kiss on my lips. "What else would cross the green goddess line?"

He's teasing, but I use it as an opportunity to forward the conversation about jealousy – mine and his. "It would cross my line if you flirt back or appear to welcome the advances in any way. If you let women think the door is open, that will piss me off."

He frowns a little, "So you expect me to be rude?"

I shake my head at him, "Not rude, but don't be available. Be polite, but make it clear you aren't interested. And by the way, when it's a stage three clinger, you should be rude and shake them off else you'll find them staking out your hotel room."

He chuckles at me and removes his arm from around me as the manager approaches the table. "I understand you would like to have a different server. I'm so sorry there was a problem. You have been such loyal customers, we thought Hannah was your preferred server. I apologize that we misread the situation. If you don't mind, I'd like to know the issue so that I can coach her appropriately."