Chapter 3.

"I am so excited for our first project!" I say excitedly to the girl who never is interested in studies. Who am I kidding. huh!

Me and Gab walk to the first lab that we're going to work in, today. I've heard that usually the labs in the colleges are massive but this is NYU! It has to be kinda special.

We walk in and, great, we're the last one to enter, again! Thankfully, one of the counters of the chemistry lab is still empty for two people. Once I have seated myself my eyes finally examine the whole place. Its huge. Very huge! The lab in the school was okay but there weren't any seats so we had to do all the experiments standing for an hour or even more. This is really cool. I've never seen so many chemicals, just studied about them. In school, all we worked with were some flasks, some measuring instruments and a few chemicals. Here, I feel like I am in a mad scientist's lab, only much cleaner.

"Good morning, fellas!" The heavy voice of the professor interrupts my comparative thoughts. Wow, he's so young! Doesn't really seems like a professor.

"Myself, Greyson Carter, your chemistry teacher for first semester and, if taken permament, then for the whole 3 years." I fancy his name. Suits his personality.

"Professor Rickman informed me to give you the details of your first assignment. Bit strange really. You guys just started the semester and you barely know about new chemistry, yet here's your first project. I don't really like that wicked old man." oh, so he knows to crack jokes too. Hmm.. interesting character.

"Okay. Jokes apart, here's your first project. You guys have to collect information of the chemicals used in daily products, like soap, shampoo, etc, that are harmful for our skin." The whole class frowns on getting such a silly project. Even a 10th grade student can do it.

"I know, I know this is very silly project. Even a 10th grade student can do it, but this is just to test your individual performance and knowledge in the field of chemistry. Plus, it has no marking. So enjoy it." Holy! He can read my mind too! He's scaring me!

"You guys have a week to do it and you have to do it in pairs."Definitely me and Gab are together.

"Don't get excited. Pairs have already been decided. You guys have no choice, sorry!" What? This is mean!

"All boys and girls form two separate lines please. Now, I'll call names of one boy and one girl and they will take a seat." Oh great! I wonder these boys can even do anything, except him. I know he can.

The sir goes on and on with names. "Gabrielle and Mark" Haahaaha. Poor Gab paired up with the guy she slapped last time. Or should I say, poor guy.

"Elina and Zayn." Hey that's my name! Who is Zayn? I search in the row of boys and a very, very familiar face raises his hand. OMG! So his name is...Zayn. Wow.

"Hi." I don't know what else to say to him.

He just smiles. Why is he so conserved? But that doesn't makes him less charming. His effect always catches me off guard.

" Okay. So I hope everyone's comfortable with their partners." Oh believe me, I couldn't be any more comfortable. "That's it for today. Have a good discussion with your partner and I am expecting good results from you guys." He adds and then leaves. I am so busy in understanding his personality that I didn't notice him-Zayn, leaving. I grab my stuff and run after him.

"Hey! Wait! I need to talk to you!" He stops on his tracks and turns around. Damn! He even looks awesome when he turns around.

"I am sorry to stop you like this but, since we are partners, I need to discuss where to start and how to start." I say trying to catch my breath.

"Oh, sorry. I should've told you. Actually I was going to the library to search for the details of the project. So when I am done I will inform you." Oh! So he talks too!

"Would you mind if I join you? I don't want you to think that I belong to a rich family so I wouldn't know all this stuff." I am sure he is having this thought.

"No. I wasn't thinking that. But it will be good to have a helping hand." I can't believe this! He is seriously agreeing with me? OMG!

I and him, we walk together to the library. I quickly message Gab about my plans and that I will meet herand the rest directly at noon in the canteen.

We enter the very huge, silent premises of the library. But my heels' tapping noise is disturbing the whole room. So I decide to carry them in my hands.The whole place is surrounded by books of various topics between which were the seats with glass tables. It looked more like high class meeting hall than a library.

"You search there and I'll do this side. Is that okay with you?" He asks.

"Yes definitely." I agree.

I search for the books related to organic chemicals because those are generally used in such products.after getting a handful stack of books I take a seat and wait for Zayn to come. I can't believe that WE are actually talking. He is nothing special, really. But its just something about him that always leaves me awestruck.

Soon he arrives with a three times bigger stack of books than mine and I really feel little. But that's all I got! There wasn't anything else at that side of the library.

"Okay. Now as much as I know the chemicals used are mostly yhe isotopes of sulphate, phenyl and phthalates (ph is silent). So all we need to search from these books is their isotopes that are harmful for skin." He explains and I follow his instructions.

After an hour of searching and searching, my phone buzzes in my pocket.

"Where are you sis?" It reads. I notice the time and its almost noon. I don't even realise that I've into books here for an hour.

"Hey..um.. actually, I gotta go. I have to meet my brother in canteen. So could you manage.."

"Sure. No problem. I will see you in next class."

"Okay. Thanks.. and yeah, I've underlined the basic and important points in those books."

"Okay. I'll pen them down." He smiles at me. He SMILED at me. OMG! I'm gonna faint right now at this moment.

But I manage to be on me feet and rush to the canteen smiling like a weird on my own thoughts. I finally reach canteen and all of them are sitting in their usual places.

"Hey! Where were you?" Ron says hugging me as I take place next  to him.

"I'm sorry, really. I was in library working on my project. I was so lost in books that I lost track of time...I'm so-"

"Woah! Calm down. Its alright really!" Daise interrupts me. "You know what, generally girls like you, whom I have interacted before, they are not like you. They are just into so much of their"Omg, is my make up alright" thing. But you are really different. And I like that." She admits.

"Thanks daise. Now, if we are done with my compliments then shall we move on with our food? I'm starving." I joke.

Everyone laughs and Gab and Daise go to order food. Daisy comes back but Gab doesn't. Ron reads my thoughts and asks her. She says she's gone to use the rest room.

"And she won't be joining us. She said she's not hungry so Elina she'll see you directly in the class." I nod to her. The conspicious thoughts come in interrupting again but I push them aside for now. After we are done with lunch, we go back to respective classes. I pass by  a very thin corridor with dim lights and hear someone's voice. My feet stop on my track and I go further in that dark place that again becomes bright further.

What is she doing here with him?