Chapter 7.

"W-What about her?" My voice is shaking. My fear is taking over me. I don't know why but some things about her don't seem good and there is this unknown fear somewhere in my heart that something might be wrong.

"Today, when I was coming towards the canteen, I heard voices.." He takes a deep breath "voices from the restricted corridor." I nodded as he continued

"I went near to see because they sounded familiar. And I saw Daisy there.. with.."

"..with?" My chest is rising and falling heavily.

"With the blonde guy from Peter's group." Oh god! Last time I saw her with Peter this time with other blonde, Niall, I think is his name.

"And I don't know why but I had this feeling that they were talking about us when we were on the trip.."

"A-and how do you know that?"

"Because she was saying something like 'did you kept a check on them' for which he replied 'yeah some things happened but I managed' and it was probably about us.."

"but they could be talking about someone else. It's not necessary that we were the topic of their conversation.." I try to change the topic into something that was not obvious.

"Elina, you remember when I said I saw one of the boys from them? It was the blonde one whom I saw."

So they've been following us. I was right when I felt someone following us on the airport. But why is this all happening? I mean, we never did wrong to anyone.

"Zayn, there's something I've also been hiding. Its about Daisy too."

"Go ahead, tell me."

"A few days back I saw her in the restricted corridor too with Peter himself but I ignored it thinking that it was just a hallucination."

"Did you hear what were they talking?"

"No.. as soon as I reached them they were gone."

"Something is not good happening here. Because I her saying 'he is after us'. I don't know who is this 'he' but he's someone who is related to us and is after us for some reason."

"But why us Zayn? I barely know anyone here except our group and you probably can't have a bad history with anyone! You're too good for that."

"Sometimes things aren't the same way as they seem to be Elina."

"W-what?" Now he's scaring me too.

Why is everything has to be so complicated? Now he is talking in riddles. I was so excited to be in NYU but it seems like fate has something different planned for me. I don't know if I should laugh or cry on myself? the air is getting really cold too. Everything around me is so cold and I'm shivering. I don't know, I am shivering of cold or fear?  I turn on the heat of the room hoping it might make me feel better.

"I've had a bad history."

"Zayn? What are you talking about?"

Zayn's POV:

The flesh memories of my childhood crawl back to my head.

I was bullied. A lot. They used to make fun of me and my mom. Just because my fucking dad me and mom had to suffer all that. The neighbors, guys at school, everyone in this world looked at us with disgust in their eyes. They tortured my mom to an extent that she hung herself to death. All because of my stupid dad.

"Zayn? Are you okay? You're sweating so badly." Elina shakes me out of those memories.

This fuckin- no swear words. This tight collar is irritating me so much. I loosen up the collar of the shirt and fold my sleeves to my elbows. Oh no! I wasn't supposed to do that! Shit!

"Zayn? W-What are these? I- I didn't knew, y-you had t-these?" I sigh. I knew this would happen. That's why I wore full sleeves.

"Elina, for now, just assume that these are my... these are just my miserable conditions at some incidents inked into my skin. I-I'm sorry. I have to go." With this I stand up, gather my stuff and walk out of the thick air of this house.

Elina's POV:

Zayn? Tattoos? I still can't believe my eyes.

"these are just my miserable conditions at some incidents inked into my skin" his words are rotating around in my head and they're making me all dizzy. What incidents is he talking about?

Gab, daisy, peter and now Zayn. Everyone and everything around me is getting more and more complicated like, like the streets of New York. I feel unknown in  my own surroundings. Everything is happening right in front of my eyes and still its not visible. Who is this 'he' who is after us? Why is he after us? What Zayn had in past? What do his tattoos mean? Why is daisy being so mysterious? Why is Gab turning to be a personality switcher? Why?

A.N. HEYYY! OMG! I AM SOOOOO SORRY GUYS IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE THIS CHAPTER AND PLUS ITS SHORT TOO :( I AM SOOOO OCCUPIED IN WORK THESE DAYS YET I TOOK TIME TO DO THE UPDATE BECAUSE FOR WHO READ THIS STORY AND LIKE IT! I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE UPDATED SOONER THIS TIME AND I WON'T DELAY IT ANYMORE... PLEASEE ! THOSE WHO READ IT PLEASE LIKE/COMMENT/SHARE IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I WOULD BE REALLYYYY THANKFUL :* ILYASM !!!!!!