Chapter 6.

Zayn's POV:

"These two are the first one to finish their report before hand and that's why they've been granted 5 extra marks in their first semester examination." The class is echoing with claps and I smile to Elina whose eyes are full of excitement and they have a different shine than usual.

wait, since when I started to notice her so carefully?

She smiles back and the professor continues with his lecture.

"So you guys have 2 more days for the submission of your work. I don't want any late works or 5 marks will be deducted from your exam results." Professor explains at the end of lecture and everyone is making weird sounds at his remark. Glad I finished my work on time.

"Zayn! We'll celebrate it with others in canteen!" Elina is jumping like a kid as I agree.

"Listen, I'll meet you directly in canteen. I've some work in library." I explain and walk towards library. No matter how exciting today's day has started, there is something bad always following me. 'happy' is just not meant for me.

It was just a few seconds after my this thought that I ran into Peter.

"well, hello lover boy." lover boy?

"Peter, get out of my way." I shrug him and walk past him.

"woah! Attitude, huh? that little girl had a poll on you in last 3 days!"

"She's just my friend- hold on. How do you know about the last 3 days?"

"Oh come on. Don't be so innocent. Whole college knows." What?

"who told you?"

"Zaynie boy rumours come flying to my ears. After all, she's one hot piece and everyone has her where abouts. Specially when a geek is having his chance on her."

"Mind your tongue Peter. She's my friend. And I don't have time to argue with you. Already some events are taking over my thoughts. So please excuse me. And last time, don't call her names." Just as I walk past he again stops me, expression changed on his face.

"What events? D-did something happened on trip?" He is Concerned?

"Seriously Peter? you're asking this?"

"I-I'm just curious." He's stuttering! what an actor.

"well I don't consider you to be worth of my explanation." I say in his face and finally leave this time.

Another reason that my life is so fucked up. You promised no swearing words. My subconcious reminds me and I hault at my steps and apologise her for using that word.

I'm walking back on my steps because I realise I've been walking in the wrong corridor. I hault in front of a dark corridor as I hear some whispering sounds coming through it. No body's even been to this place. They say its restricted. Then how come I hear the sounds? Must be my imagination. I'm proved wrong when I hear the sound again. Something's wrong. That voice is very familiar.

I walk in the corridor trying to adjust my vision to the dark.

"You sure, he told themm?" One of the voice, the familiar one, says.

"Yes, I am. But, got it all right." That's the irish accent. That's probably the guy from Peter's group.

"Thank god. I don't know what he's upto. Anyways, keep an eye on  them. I'll leave before anyone sees us here." That's, That's E;ina's friend uh, Daisy! Ron's Girlfriend! I have to tell Elina about this!

Elina's POV:

"Its so cool! 5 marks extra in first semester! I'm proud of you sis!" Ron hugs me to congratulate me.

"Thanks Ron. Where's Daisy?" I ask.

"She had to use the toilet. She'll be here- there she is!" Ron says pointing to Daisy. She looks little... stressed.

"Hey!" i greet her and pull her in a hug. Her breathing is heavy.

"Daise, You okay?" I ask pulling away from hug.

"Yeah. I'm fine. The toilets were a mess. Everyone had to pee at the same time as me." She explains crunching her nose in anger. But she still manages to look cute.

After a while we are joined by Zayn who looks a little in thought. He takes a seat next to me and his eyes dart, literally dart to Daisy. What happened?

"Are you okay?" I ask and he shakes out of his thoughts.

"yeah. I'm fine. I need... there's something I want to talk to you about."

"And that is?"

"No. Not here. Somewhere where none of the group is around." what could it be? So personal that he wants to talk to me alone.

"Okay... um.. Ron is going out today for dinner with Daise.. So if you don't mind, come over?"

"I think it will be fine. Text me your address. I'll be there around 7." He replies after a while, his eyes darting again, at Daise. Is it something about her?

As promised, me and Zayn contribute equal amount for the treat as Zayn and everyone else exchange 'thank yous' and 'welcomes' and little chit chat about random stuff. I notice the tension between Daisy and Zayn. She's talking nicely but Zayn's replies are cold and lifeless. It has to be something about her that he wants to talk about.

And not just Daisy and Zayn, there's some tension between her and Gab too. To my surprise, Zayn and Gab seem to going pretty well since their first interaction. I don't know why but some events happening recently just are out of my understanding. I know all that happened on the trip wasn't merely a game of fate because I remember I never gave any address to any shop manager. I just said to ease the tension of Zayn. And then I see sudden change in Gab's personality, she getting along with the person she is most disgusted with and tension with the person she spent most time in bullying people. I haven't forget that incident when I saw Daise with Peter. That was one big shock! I just pretend to ignore everything but they just keep revolving around my brain. No matter how hard I try to push them back, at some point they just pop out of nowhere and for a period of time, just shuffle my perfectly balanced world.

____________________

"Hey. Come in." I give a smile as he enters my Dad's big villa, his eyes wide. Bet he's never seen something like this. Too posh!.

"Nice house."

"Its my Dad's. I just manage to survive here." I shrug and he gives a small smile.

"Debra! Could you please send some coffee and Cookies for two to my room?" I shout on top of my voice for it to reach to the next corner of the house where there is kitchen.

"It'll be there in five miss Elina!" Debra replies as we head to my room.

"This is my lovely room." I introduce Zayn to my girlish room and his eyes are wide telling me that its way too much girly.

"okay.. Um.. Its nice." He tries to compliment but fails.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?" I ask, curiosity at peak.

And it turns out to what I feared...

"Its about Daisy..."