Chapter 11. Where's Ron?

"Debra? Has Ron returned yet?" I ask sliding the last bite of egg and toast in my mouth.

"I'm afraid he hasn't Elina. In fact, I was about to ask you the same question. I wonder if he called or left a message with you." She replies fiddling her fingers like she always does when she's tensed about something.

I nod my head in disagreement and look over at Zayn who's brows are pulled together in deep thought or something. Day by day these uninvited incidents are increasing in number and they're bringing nothing but worries to both of us. What has been concluded till now is that all these incidents are related to both of us, directly or indirectly.

The ride to the college is not same like evey other day. After Zayn left yesterday, my whole day was spent in my room. i even called Daisy to enquire about Ron but he seems to disappear in this fog of incidents. I know he can take care of himself, he's strong enough and I'm trying my best not to go to the police and file a report because it will possibly lead to enquiry with dad for which he will have to come here. And I'm not at all ready, metally, physically emotionally, to face him. Yesterday felt like the longest day of my entire life. Every minute semed to pass like an hour. And, for the first time ever in my life, i couldn't concentrate into books.

Today's ride to the college is not same as every other day. Yeah, Zayn is driving me to college today but the air between us is tensed and thick. Words doesn't seem to come out of my mouth and same with Zayn. When it was Ron next to me in the driver's seat, te atmosphere used to be very light, joyful and cheering.

"If Ron didn't appear by today's end, I'm going to file a report in the police." I say to escape from the suffocating environment of the car.

"Before doing that, I think we should look for him by ourselves first. Police involvement can cause a trouble to your dad, since he's such a huge businessman."

I nod in agreement. Zayn is exactly saying what has been stuck in my thoughts since yesterday.

Walking down the campus towards my first lecture class, I meet the 3 familiar faces. Daisy, Gab and Sam.

"hey everyone!" I greet and hug all of them. Sam seems different today.

'Where have you been?" I ask him.

'I went out of the city, my dad was hospitalised. By the way, Belated happy birthday." He greets and hands me a small square box wrapped in a beautiful wrapping paper.

"Aw! Thanks Sam! But it really wasn't necessary!"

"Come on! Open it already!" I smile and unwrap the box to reveal a very beautiful diamond watch.

"This is beautiful Sam! Thank you so much!" I hug him once again. putting the box in my handbag, I slide the watch around my wrist and it looks more beautiful when it shines in the sun rays falling on it.

"wow, El! That's a really beautiful necklace!" daisy points to the turquoise necklace gifted by Zayn on my birthday.

"isn't it? Gift from Zayn on my birthday." I tell her.

"Really? He has a good taste! i didn't knew he could impress with such gratitude."

"You don't know him Daisy. Not at all." And all his secrets come revolving around my eyes. The tattoos, the nightmares, everything.

"We should get going Gab. The class is about to start." I say to Gab and we finally walk towards our classroom. Zayn already had reached the class and has saved two seats for us.

....

All the time during al the lectures, one thing I've been trying to do is to concentrate. Everything is just revolving at one centre of thought, thought of Ron. Where is he? How is he? Why is he not answering his phone?

"Elina?" Zayn nudges from the side and I jump back to reality.

"Are you okay? I'm noticing you since the start today. Your mind doesn't seems to be occupied in something."

Before I could reply, the professor announces the ending of today's class and everyone walks out. I join along the crowd.

A hand pulls me to the side and i look up to see Zayn.

"What is it Elina?" He asks, his brows furrowed, 'I am tensed for you' written all over his forehead.

"Come over tonight, please? I need someone to talk to since Ron is not here." I plea in a hope he'll agree and he does agree.

waving him goodbye I decide to take a taxi to home.

.....

"Miss Elina? it's your friend Mr. Zayn."

"let him in Debra." I say and get up and fix my horrible condition to a little bit presentable in front of him.

"Hey. come on in." I say and pat on the other side of my bed asking him to come and sit.

"how are you feeling now?" He just asks and I suddenly burst into tears.

Zayn's POV:

I just asked her how she was feeling and she just bursted into tears. I stand from my place and walk over to her side, holding her tightly in my arms. Her small arms wrap around my torso and she nuzzles further in the crook of my neck.

"I'm tired Zayn. I-I am just really tired of all this." She whispers in between her sobs.

Holding her face in my hands, wiping the tears away from her soft cheek. I ask her to look in my eyes.

Her red eyes, orbs now a darker shade of brown, look so helpless and vulnerable.

"listen to me Elina. You are the most strongest girl I've ever met in my life. The way you think over everything, your attitude in the face of difficulties, your smile, all these are my inspiration, my power. Whenever I'm alone and I'm stuck in any kind of problem, I just close my eyes and think what would you do if you were in my position, and then I do exactly the same and trust me, just trust me it seriously works. I would've given up on this university the next day but it was for you that i thought i should stay. The power I felt in you was the power that has been keeping me on my feet through all the tough time in this university, Elina. And if you fall apart I will fall apart. You're the most wonderful friend I've ever came across and--"

Before I could finish, she stands on her feet and walk towards the window.

"Elina? W-What happen are you okay?" I ask walking to her.

The glass of the window shatters into pieces and a bullet hits straight in my arm.

HEY EVERYONE! iT'S BEEN A MONTH SINCE I LAST POSTED HERE! OMG! i'M SORRY FOR THAT BECAUSE YOU KNOW EXAMS -_- THEY'RE HELL OF A BURDEN. ANYWAYS, I'M FREE NOW AND I'M GONNA DO POSTING AT A REGULAR BASIS NOW. NEXT CHAPTER OF THIS FANFIC WILL BE POSTED ON SUNDAY POSITIVELY. SO IF YOU LIKE MY STORIES PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO LIKE/SHARE/COMMENT PLEASE! AND ALSO IF YOU WANT TO READ ANY HARRY FANFICS THEN I AM WORKING ON ONE THAT IS TITLED 'FASHIONISTA'. PLEASE DO READ IT AND LET ME KNOW HOW IS IT. :) LOVE YA ALL xx