The 3 day trip- day 1.

During our flight, I answer to the question asked by Zayn last night. I explain him everything about my mom and dad and Ron and his mom and dad and that how I developed keen interest in books.

"Its strange, really. I mean, I have seen many single parents but they don't generally ignore their children like this. Specially, when it's their only child."

" I blame his work for this. But, to be honest, I don't really care anymore. As long as I have the support of my brother I am happy and satisfied." I explain.

"You really love Ron, don't you? You never call him your step brother."

"I think that the relationship that we share with each other and to separate it by using 'step' will be like abusing this special love. On the other hand, if Ron was not my brother, I would've dated him."

We both giggle and I admire his beautiful laugh and the way his tongue fills the gap in his jaws is just adorable. I don't know  when will we share this moment again, but for now, I just want to have a handful of memories from this trip.

Soon we arrive at the Chicago Airport and just as I get off the plane, the cold air hits me hard and I shiver. I didn't knew it will be so cold here, at least its very cold from New York. I sigh because all I have packed are short and dresses and summer stuff! I'm gonna suffer the consequences.

suddenly I feel a warm jacket wrap around my shoulder and my cursing thoughts shift to amazement. Zayn puts his jacket over me, probably he has seen me shivering in this cold. Well done Elina, always manage to embarrass yourself in front of him don't you?

As we walk out of the airport,  a group of boys, laughing among themselves, walk past by and my heart begin to race because I have heard those laughs somewhere else too.

"Did you listen?"

"Sorry. What?" I shake out of my imaginations.

"I asked where are we going to stay?"

"Oh don't worry. Ron has made reservation for us in a nearby hotel."

We hire a taxi and I tell the address to the driver as he drives us to a beach side hotel. After paying the fare to the taxi driver, we enter the Hotel and Zayn, being a gentleman that he always is, helps me carry my bags.

We walk to the white marble and designer glass top counter and I Ask for the reservation which is on my name.

"Good evening miss Elina. Mr. Richards have already rang and told us about your arrival. Don't worry miss. We have the best suite for you and your boyfriend." What?! The hell is he talking about! Hell no!

"umm...Sorry. But he's just my friend."

"Oh sorry mam. I hope you had a safe journey till here."

"Yes, indeed. Thanks for your concern. Here are the details on the form. Now If you won't mind, we're a little tired, so can we go to our room please?" I please to this idiot receptionist who is trying to be extra sweet but is failing in his task.

He hands me the keys and we take the lift to our room. The bellboy has already brought our bags to our room. The room has only one bed and a huge sofa with glass table, a study table, marble collage work in the bathroom and a big giant balcony for the view of the dawning sun and beach.

"I am napping for a while. For some reason, I am feeling tired." I explain to Zayn as I unbuckle my shoes.

"Okay. I'll do some work on my laptop." I nod.

"Please wake me up for dinner?" I question. he agrees. I pull  the warm duvet over my head and slip into a peaceful slumber.

Zayn's POV:

I pull my laptop out of my bags and sit on the study table. I can't help but imagine how different Elina is from others. She belongs to a rich family and, frankly, when I first saw her in college campus, I assumed her to be the same. I thought she will be the same like all the students here who carry a huge ego with them instead of their books. No, she's not anywhere near that thought. Not even Ron. Her friends, although have managed to irritate me to my limit, are very welcoming. Actually, only Ron's girlfriend is. Daisy, right?

Daisy, before I met her with Ron, she used to be the same. Same like I had assumed rich people to be. I don't know why Ron chose her. Doesn't he knows about the rumours that keep flying around the campus? Why do I care. Its his life, his choice. Maybe in later days, if I develop a close friendship with Ron, I might advice him.

I snap out of my judgmental thoughts when I hear soft snoring sounds. Elina really was tired. I admire her love for books, though. I've never met any rich person with so much intelligence quotient and so much into studies. Generally, these are average intelligence, i wonder if they are even average, and get admission in such colleges on their dad's money. There are very few in this college who actually get admission on their degrees and I am glad Elina is one of them, Ron too.

Ron's personality, though, is very bold. I really love the way he respects women and how he always takes side of Elina. He really is a truthful guy. Meeting him made me believe that such guys still exist in this world, unlike Peter and his gang. I know how I manage to control my temper when I see his face because I don't want to spoil my precious years on that prick.

there's a knock at the door and I stand up from my place to receive the door. Its the receptionist guy. Damn, he's so irritating.

"Hello, sir. Sorry to disturb you, but I wanted to know miss Elina is comfortable. Actually, Mr, Richards is on hold and he said miss Elina's phone is not reachable so he just wanted to confirm the same."

"Yeah, she's comfortable. She's in her slumber, so if you don't mind..?"

"Oh sure sir. Thank you and sorry to disturb you once again." The guy, Ethan as his name badge says, leaves. Just when I am closing the door, I see a figure pass by the room and for a second it seemed like it was one of the guys from Peter's gang. I watch again but no one's in the corridor, now. Must be a hallucination.

I don't know why but Carolina's dad excuse doesn't sound realistic. Carolina's phone is not switched off that he will have a networking problem. Strange...