Chapter 9. The boat party turn around.

The party was going well. Actually, not so well because people had already started to get high even before the cake cutting ceremony.

I look at Ron who is laughing uncontrollably on God knows what. Probably the drinks are taking their toll on him too. I walk to him and ask to start the cake cutting ceremony soon. He checks time in his watch and nods.

In the group of highly drunk, Weird dancing people, I could feel the tension that Zayn was bearing. I could feel him getting uncomfortable between my stupid school girls dancing around him. Pushing through the crowd, I reach for Zayn's hand and pull him away from those.. ugh. I don't like to say this at all but the deserve it... bitches.

" You don't need to stay there if you are uncomfortable." I yell at him.

"Um, yeah, sorry." He says, still tensed about something. Probably about the last night.

Before I could ask him what is bothering him, Ron makes announcement through the microphone for everyone to gather around because the cake has arrived.

"Elina, I'm not going to cut this girly cake dear." He jokes and everyone laughs their heart out, although it wasn't that good of a joke. Its probably the drinks.

"Shut up! I'm coming!" I say and move towards the small stage area where the cake has been placed.

The cake is a beautiful art piece except a small messed up cream rose at the corner of the whole cake.

"That's my special edition to this cake." Ron blushes and I kiss his cheek. He's just the sweetest brother ever.

The candles are lit and Everyone starts to clap and sing the birthday song when I blow them off. I cut the cake and stuff Ron with a large chunk of cake. He takes a bigger one and fills my mouth. I almost choke. I save the special edition flower for myself and the cake is distributed to everyone.

I'm standing with Ron, Daise, Gab and Zayn as everyone stuffs themselves with cake. I tell everyone about the special edition flower and everyone is in an awe.

Just as I'm about to eat the cake, Zayn pushes the plate off my hand and the whole cake falls on the floor.

"What the..? Why did you do that?" I shout at Zayn, my brows furrowed in anger.

He kneels down on the floor and pics a small piece of cake and places in my hand.

Zayn's POV:

Just when Elina is about to eat the cake I spot something in the cake and push the plate off her hand.

"What the..? Why did you do that?" Elina shouts.

I kneel down and pic that tablet from the fallen piece o cake.

"This." I place it in her hands.

"Why would anyone put a pill in a cake." i explain and look at Ron who's face is expressing anger and confusion.

"what the hell! I'm gonna kill that bakery chef! I told him I want a perfect cake-"

"Ron! Ron. Calm down. It's okay. It didn't get into my stomach. Zayn saved me from eating that. Calm down okay." Elina is such a sweet girl. She really can't read his expression right now. My eyes travel to Daisy's face and she looks... terrified. As if she just saw a sea monster.

These people are unpredictable. But what I know, for sure, is that "he" who had been referred earlier by Daisy, is someone either from this group or Peter's group.

Elina's POV:

A pill? In a cake? God knows what kind of pill it is! I could've easily recognized it of it was not covered in cake.

I secretly take a napkin and wrap the pill in it and place it in my handbag. I'm gonna find out what is this pill. It probably didn't came here by accident.

I look at Zayn and his face holds the same expression. The last night conversation has helped a lot for both of us to be careful. Though a lot has been left unanswered last night but its not the right time to expose those queries. Yes, They're digging inside me and they'll come out someway but I have to stop them, at least for now. It can lead to even worse conditions than Zayn just leaving.

Suddenly, thundering sounds are heard from a distance gathering everyone's attention. The Captain arrives at the deck and informs Ron that it's going to be a thunderstorm and we need to get to the shore as soon as possible.

Ron agrees and ask him to sail the boat back.

Just when we reach the shore it starts to pour down heavily and in seconds I'm, well everyone is drenched in Rain.

"Elina! I need to get few of them back to their places because they are too high to drive back. But how will you-"

"I'll drop her home safely." zayn interrupts

Ron smiles and thank Zayn and leaves both us alone, me obviously in shock of what just Zayn did.

"You want to go or have to get sick here?" Zayn interrupts my thoughts and I nod.

We walk to his, never seen before, car, actually a Sedan! I didn't knew he owns a sedan!

I climb in passenger seat as zayn shuts the door behind me and then climbs into the driver's seat. The engine quickly roars and Zayn turns on the heat.

The sedan is filled with his scent that makes it so romantic and when he turns on the music, it adds more. I recognise  the familiar tune and shoot my head up in amazement.

"Savage Garden!" I say smiling widely at him.

"Yeah, They're my favorite band. You know them?" He asks, his concentration still on the road.

"I grew up listening their songs. They're just amazing." i say and rest my head on the side window.

The heat is very powerful. At least my hair have stopped dripping, but the cold clothes still hug my body and feels cold.

Listening to my favorite music, humming to all the tunes, my eyes are locked on the wiper blades that are swiping away the rain water from the front wind shield. The to and fro movement of the wiper blades kind of reminds me about my life here in NYC. I go forward, towards the positive and somethings pulls back to the negative. I get past it and move forward again and again something pulls back. Whenever I go forward I clear the rain of difficulties but the collect again when I'm pushed back and again I have to wipe them off.