Chapter 5

I woke the next morning and turned over to see Wade's face. Last night came back to me and I smiled at the fact that I actually had a good time.

"Hey, you're awake." He said from next to me.

"Yeah. I better be going, don't want to miss the bus."

"Yeah, i'll walk you to the bus stop." He said.

"Okay but i've just got to go to the toilet first." I said before I basically hopped out of bed and ran to the loo.

After going to the loo, he walked me to the bus stop and I gave him a hug. "Thanks for a great night, that was the first time in quite a while that i've been able to actually relax without thinking about Candy." I explained.

"No problem and as I was saying last night, she's not a great friend to you."

"Meh, she has her bad moments just like everyone else but she's a good person on the inside, hidden by all the boys." I laughed a tiny bit. "Anyways, see you at school." I said as my bus pulled up.

"Yeah, see you at school." He replied as I got on the bus and rode home.

When I got home, I had enough time for a super quick shower and to get dressed. Mum asked if the movie was good and I replied with a yes and then I ran out of the door and walked down the road to the bus stop.

I saw Wesley at my locker as I approached it and smiled at him.

"Hey Wes."

"You're awfully cheerful compared to last night." He said with a confused look on his face. I could tell that he wasn't sure if he should enjoy my good mood or take cover.

"Yeah, I ran into someone on the way home and had a great night. Sorry I had to leave early, I wasn't feeling hungry or in the mood, I guess I felt a bit weird about Candy crashing our movie night but I now realize that it's okay." I explained as we walked to class.

Just then, Wade walked past with a group of lads from the football team and sneaked a wink at me. I smiled in return, my lips moving on their own whether I liked it or not.

Wesley didn't seem to notice and we kept on walking like we usually do.

"So, where is Candy this morning?" I asked.

"She's running late I think. Something about her hair straightener breaking halfway through doing her hair." He shrugged. I laughed.

"Oh God, i'm surprised she's even coming to school at all."

Just then she ran up to Wesley from behind and jumped on his back. His strong figure was able to hold her up and he smiled.

"You're like a little spider-monkey." He laughed. I smiled at the idea that my two best friends were happy and then my thoughts landed on Wade for some reason.

I shook him out of my head and turned to Candy. "How was the meal?" I asked.

"Good thanks. You better today? You were a little... off, yesterday." She replied.

"Yeah, a good nights sleep helped it."

"Good. Will you be in the dinner hall today or are you going in the library?" She asked. Either way she'll stay with Wes in the diner hall.

"Library, i've got science homework for last period." I replied.

"Didn't you do it when you got home last night?" She asked.

"Um no, I was a little preocupied." I replied.

"With what?" She asked.

Just then, first bell rang and I turned to them. "I better get to class, talk to you guys at break, i'll be with you then." I said before running off.