Chapter 11

I got to school on Monday morning and went straight to my locker. I was exhausted from hearing my parents fight until 3am last night.

Wade walked up and he took one look at me before giving me a hug. I hugged him back, realising how much I needed it.

"Are you okay? You look terrible. No offence." He said.

"Yeah, I can deal with it." I replied.

"Well, I can see that you aren't okay but I'm not going to push it. I'm here if you want to talk about it, okay?" He asked.

"Thank you." I replied as I got up onto my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.

We walked to science which we had first today and sat at the back. Wesley and Candy were already there.

"Uhh Tasha, you okay?" Wesley asked. I nodded and took my seat. "Is your Dad back?" He asked.

"He was, over the weekend. It's okay. Nothing harmed this time." I replied quickly and quietly to him. I tried to lean over as I said it to stop Wade from hearing it as much as possible but I still think he heard me judging by the way he clenched his fist.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing." He replied.

"What's wrong with your Dad?" Candy asked.

"Nothing Candy, don't worry about it." I replied. Usually I don't get a chance to tell anyone but Wesley about things. Candy never used to listen and her and Wesley used to be all I had. Now I have Wade and I know I'll have to explain it all to him someday but hopefully not right now.

"You coming cinema tonight?" Wesley asked. "We can go see that new Disney movie, sing." He added.

"Yeah. Can't break tradition right." I replied with a smile.

"Can I come?" Candy asked.

"Urm nah, not tonight. Me and Tasha have some stuff to talk about." He replied. She looked upset but didn't have time to comment on it because the teacher walked in and we began our days work.

-lunchtime-

At lunch, me and Wade were in the library as usual but he strangely sat on a smaller beanbag when we usually get the larger one so we both fit on together.

"Wade, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Fine." He replied.

"Okay, now I know you're not fine."

"I don't know. I guess I just don't understand why you tell Wesley everything and you can't tell me." He said.

"Oh. I don't know. I guess I've always told Wesley everything, and only Wesley. It's weird telling someone else." I shrugged.

"Do you not trust me?" He asked.

"Of course I do. You just have to understand that i'm not used to sharing things. I'll tell you soon. I promise." I replied. He smiled and nodded. I could see that he was still a bit unsure so I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled wider and I sat back to read my text book.

-After school-

I threw on a baggy jumper and a pair of black skinny jeans and walked to the bus stop where I got a bus into town and met Wesley outside the cinema.

"Hey. Shall we go in?" He asked as he pointed to the door.

"Yep." I smiled. We walked in and both got our tickets and popcorn and we sat in the expensive seats since the cinema was practically empty. I guess not many children come to watch a film at eight pm.

The film started and I just watched it as I usually would. Wesley, on the other hand, was looking at me throughout the film. I could see him in the corner of my eye.

I laughed at a part in the film and I felt his eyes on me. "I like it when you smile." He said to me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"I like it, when you smile. It's cute."

"No, no, no, no, no. You can't say stuff like that." I replied.

"Why not?"

"Because you're with Candy and i'm with Wade. You can't say stuff like that, it's weird." I replied.

He stayed silent throughout the rest of the film but when we got outside I could tell that he was thinking hard about something.

"What if I told you that I don't really like Candy anymore." He suddenly said as we were walking to McDonalds, our chosen restaurant for the night. "What if I said that I like you."

"I'd say you're crazy."

"Okay, well I do like you."

"Then you're crazy."

"No, i'm not. You can't tell me you don't feel the same way. I've seen the way you used to look at me sometimes." He explained.

"Exactly. Used to. It was a small thing of the past." I replied.

"Then make it a thing of the future."

"No. Look, I think it's best if I leave now." I replied as I began to walk away.

"No, Tasha, don't be like that." He shouted after me. "Tasha!"

I carried on walking and found myself on the way to the highstreet where Wade's parent's pub stood. I got inside and it was only around half ten so it was still quite busy.

"He's upstairs love." His mum told me quickly while she poured a pint for someone. I nodded a smile then punched in the code to get through the door up to his flat.

"Wade?" I called as I walked inside. He came out of his bedroom, looking rather tired.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be with Wesley?" He asked.

"Well, he got all weird on me. Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah but it doesn't matter. What do you mean he got all weird with you?" He asked.

I explained what happened and he looked beyond angry. "WHAT THE HELL!" He shouted.

"Look it's ok. I walked away and trust me, I'm not going to be going near him any time soon." I replied.

"What about Candy?"

"Well, if he doesn't do anything about it then im not going to tell her, at least he'll be tied down in a relationship and can't try anything on with me. If he says something or makes up some story about what happened then I will have to tell her." I shrugged.

"Yeah okay that makes sense." He said as he paced and pushed his hands through his hair in annoyance.

"Hey, it will be fine okay." I told him as I walked up closer to him.

"But what if he tries something with you!" He almost shouted. Luckily the pub below was quite busy tonight so no one can hear us.

"I won't let him! I need you to trust me."

"I trust you, I just don't trust him."

"Well I can't exactly say he has given you a reason to but if he does try anything with me then I'll run as fast and as far as possible until I find you okay? And no more movie nights for a while yeah? Me and you will go." I said as I locked my eyes to his.

"Okay. Im sorry I got so annoyed." He said as he took a breath. "I just don't want to lose you." He added.

"You won't. Do you really think id choose him over you? He is with Candy and he makes her happy. I am with you and you make me happy. Really really happy. I need you to believe in that." I explained.

"I do. You make me really happy too." He said with a smile.

"Yeah?" I smiled back.

"Yeah." He replied before he leaned in and kissed me.